Vote, or forever be damned!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fav. Thrash Band

• Megadeth

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Anthrax

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Metallica

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Testament

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Dark Angel

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • KREATOR RAAAAAAH! EXTREEEEME AGGRESSSSSSION!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

FortePenance

Reaction score
Kreator was the first thrash band I'd listened to properly (yes, even before Metallica).

However my vote goes to Dark Angel. V. underrated thrash band IMO with some awesome tunes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
slayer def......here's why.......

i know slayer gets the "shitty band" title alot, but in my opinion, they were the best at what they did.

also, when metallica and megadeth were conforming a bit and getting softer for the more mainstream crowd, slayer didn't give a shit. they continued playing (once again, my opinion) THRASH metal. though I still like Older Slayer, they stayed truer to what they did best.

(however, rust in peace and many old metallica albums are undeniably good, along with persistance of time by anthrax!)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
also, when metallica and megadeth were conforming a bit and getting softer for the more mainstream crowd, slayer didn't give a shit. they continued playing (once again, my opinion) THRASH metal. though I still like Older Slayer, they stayed truer to what they did best.

Hell, I think Testament one upped them. After everyone went mainstream, they turned into death metal (Low was heavy as fuck, then Demonic came out which had all DM vocals and shit.. Followed by the Gathering which also had lots of DM vox) \m/

')