VOTE - SSO One Hour Competition. V.5 *

CHOOSE THREE ENTRIES!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
This competition was about composing and recording a song based on a theme in about an hour.
Here is the original thread so you can get an idea of how it worked.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...ecording-competition-v-4-0-a.html#post2925491

This was this month's theme!

The Cliff

The pebbles roll behind your steps as you gaze down the sheer face of the drop. You can see the curve of the planet across the horizon. A strong updraft tickles your nose as it rushes up and over the edge. You feel your knees tingle with the thought of your mission. The beating in your chest is overpowering. This is the moment you have been waiting for. With one last breath, you take the plunge.

Please vote for THREE of your favorite entries!

GoCards
Take The Leap by Membranes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

C2Aye
SSO 1 hour Comp March 2012 Entry by Sithu Aye on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

xfilth
SoundClick artist: MattRa - page with MP3 music downloads

toastman119911
SS 1 Hour Competition - The Cliff by DonavanOstapowich on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

prh
1 Hour Song by Plini on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

bhakan
Sevenstring.org 1 Hour Competion v5 Entry by Brad Sorman on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

itscurbe
SoundClick artist: Curbe Dreher - page with MP3 music downloads

Waelstrum
SoundClick artist: Waelstrum - page with MP3 music downloads

musikizlife
JUMP SS.org 1 hr Recording Comp March by Musikizlife on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Rational Gaze
OPHILLION 1 Hour SevenString.org Song Competition by Lithium Dawn on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Omarfan
Drown Gracefully by Corey Deiterman on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

SageK
With One Last Breath, You Take The Plunge. by Sage.K on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

wjm123
On Top of the World, At the Edge of a Cliff - SSO 1hr Comp by Aeonix on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

in-pursuit
Cliffdiving by Frogherder on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

unbrblncvncfbng
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6967914/cliff.mp3

JStraitiff
The Cliff by JStraitiff on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Lets give a round of applause to all of this Month's contestants!

Thanks so much for participating guys and I plan on seeing you all again for the next one. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Many awesome entries, but my final votes fall on C2Aye, prh and wjm123 :cheers:

I think Sithu's gonna take the victory once again ;)

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Whoops i only voted for one. I really stood no chance after xfilth and c2aye. Seriously dude when that solo guitar entered i was like :holy: fantastic job xfilth.

bigswifty

Reaction score
Too bad this months competition had to be so close to exam period :wallbash:
Also, my VSTi's eat my RAM for breakfast so 2g isn't cutting it right now.
I'll for sure be in the next one.

Voted for Sithu, prh and unbrblncvncfbng - simplicity is key on that last one :lol:

Sithu, how the hell do you get the volumes of your mix to pump like that? :nuts:
Did you run a quick master over this or something?

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
Great job guys!
Entries were awesome wish i could vote for more but 3's the limit
I always have fun with this stuff. It was my first time using SD2 as well

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Whoops i only voted for one. I really stood no chance after xfilth and c2aye. Seriously dude when that solo guitar entered i was like :holy: fantastic job xfilth.
:wub: The only note I had planned was the first one :lol:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Great entries, I love these competitions, it really pushed you to see what you can produce in such a short time! Great theme as well, really left it open to interpretation!

And my god, it was good to actually have my guitars this time around :lol:

Sithu, how the hell do you get the volumes of your mix to pump like that? :nuts:
Did you run a quick master over this or something?

I actually just used the mix I used for Isles EP so everything was really streamlined in that regard. I remember all the fader levels off by heart and have my presets to hand for stereo expansion for guitars and all the eqs and compressors for drum processing. I also have the master chain I used for Isles EP (a few eq's, multiband compressor, bus compressor and a brickwall limiter) saved so it was just a case of slapping that on to bring the mix up to full volume :)

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
:wub: The only note I had planned was the first one :lol:

haha i believe that. That note was extremely powerful. i love it.

What effect did you use for that swell in? it sounds like you adjusted something on the amp to make it clear up progressively.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
haha i believe that. That note was extremely powerful. i love it.

What effect did you use for that swell in? it sounds like you adjusted something on the amp to make it clear up progressively.

Lowpass filter with the frequency rising - one of the oldest tricks in the book ;)

prh

Plini
Reaction score
heaps of cool shit here :yesway::yesway:

I actually just used the mix I used for Isles EP so everything was really streamlined in that regard. I remember all the fader levels off by heart and have my presets to hand for stereo expansion for guitars and all the eqs and compressors for drum processing. I also have the master chain I used for Isles EP (a few eq's, multiband compressor, bus compressor and a brickwall limiter) saved so it was just a case of slapping that on to bring the mix up to full volume :)

you're too prepared bro, too prepared :fawk:

you killed it though, and i really liked xfilths :)

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved all of the entries as usual. However my girlfriend and I agree that Curbe brought something special to the table and stole our hearts. That track grooves like a motherfucker while also fitting the theme nicely. :metal:

Also where is Kurk?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Kurk got new monitors so... He's probably writing away for Oceill and Memiors. :lol:

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Great stuff to all! one of these comps i'm going to actually be in as I keep missing them (even tho i know i would NEVER win...it'd be fun to try).

oddcam

Reaction score
In-Pursuit, fantastic. The beginning shows the beauty, scale, and danger of the scene all at once, and the plunge part is both edgy and beautiful.

GoCards

Reaction score
These are super fun, and you guys make some great stuff. Sithu, yours was just ridiculous. That solo was so catchy I caught myself humming it the other day. I can't believe what you guys can do in an hour!

itscurbe

Reaction score
I loved all of the entries as usual. However my girlfriend and I agree that Curbe brought something special to the table and stole our hearts. That track grooves like a motherfucker while also fitting the theme nicely. :metal:

Also where is Kurk?

your hearts are mine!!!! :evil:

thanks maaaaaan

')