VSTi Brass

• Thread starter Eric Christian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know a good VSTi for Brass? I've got the entire Native Instruments suite plus Omnisphere and neither one covers this area real well. Looking for something that really goes in depth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sggod89

yeah I take steriods
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, Omni is amazing for synths. Reason 5 is really great with symphonic instruments believe it or not. There's some really good stock ensemble patches as well as individual instruments. I'll sometimes even use high quality midi soundfonts, tweak them in Reason, and make some gorgeous patches.

Entirely Reason 5:

Also, you can check out East West Symphonic Orchestra. I have the gold version and it has some decent strings, horns, brass instruments. You have to layer the shit out of them tho

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
+1 for Eastwest SO. Great brass section. Great everything! Don't know about the layering comment - they are already in multiple groups as would be in an orchestra (though soloists are available).
If you are looking for real in depth, Eastwest Holywood Brass is the better version - but is probably about the same price as SO and is just brass rather than a whole orchestra.

novacekn

Reaction score
I can honestly say the best brass sounds I've ever been able to get were from free soundfonts I've collected over the years.

')