Waiting for my Loomis/ Tremol-no

• Thread starter gunshow86de
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
So I am waiting for my new Loomis. It comes in today, but the UPS truck doesn't show up until 5:00pm. This wait is agonizing. I am literaly checking the shipment tracker every 10 minutes. I can't wait for this guitar, I will probably not go to bed tonight cause I will be playing all night long.

So anyways, I guess while I'm at it, I'll pose a question. Does anyone have the Tremol-no installed on their Loomis? If so, which type? Does it go to drop-A well?

Sorry if I bored anyone with my situation, just trying to fill the time until my Loomis gets here!

It's here!!!!! Fucking brilliant guitar!!!!! It's gonna be hard to tear myself away, but it does need to go to my tech for a setup (slight buzzing on the high E).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Congrats man, that's a hell of an axe! :yesway:

I have no experience with termol-no's, cause I typically get hardtails, but everyone keeps telling me to get one, so I may have outfit my UV soon.

Have fun with that beast!

Celiak

Reaction score
I have one on too, I go to drop Ab when I get the urge. Their great little contraptions, I wouldn't have a floyd guitar without one, they add so much versatility.

SuperSnake2012

5/7 stringer
Reaction score
My Loomis is on the way too... it's killing me to wait, especially because I sold my Hellraiser to get it and now I have no guitar to play :) Oh well, I've been working on some bass stuff in the mean time.

With a Tremel-no, will I still be able to use the Floyd while it's on? I don't really understand how it works...

SlowShred

Reaction score
My Loomis is on the way too... it's killing me to wait, especially because I sold my Hellraiser to get it and now I have no guitar to play :) Oh well, I've been working on some bass stuff in the mean time.

With a Tremel-no, will I still be able to use the Floyd while it's on? I don't really understand how it works...

You have I believe 3 options, correct me if I'm wrong.#1 full float, just like normal #2 fully locked, which acts like a hardtail and #3 whick allows dives only.

I'm gonna buy a Loomis here in the next cpl wks as soon as I find a good deal, it's a buyers market. I'm only getting the Loomis b/c of the T-no, I was getting a blackjack atx, but came to my senses (I can always put in blackouts easily). I'm also putting a T-no on my carvin b/c the floating wilky is my only prob with that guitar.

SuperSnake2012

5/7 stringer
Reaction score
Oh, that sounds awesome, I have to get one for my Loomis when it comes. Does anyone know which one I need? There looks like two different kinds on the Tremol-no site.

Pin vs clamp?

Edit: Found the answer on the Tremol-No site. Nevermind :D

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I have to say this guitar is fucking amazing. I had a few doubts about buying it without playing it first. My biggest concern was that the neck was too big. My hands are about average size and I have to say that this is the most comfortable seven-string neck I have ever played. It feels noticably thinner than the other Schecter C-7's I have played, and it doesn't feel like a piece of plywood, like Ibanez necks (I'll probably catch alot of shit for that comment:nuts::fawk:). The satin finish on the back of the neck is so smooth, I will never buy another guitar with a painted neck again. Even though it needs a setup, it is still the best 7 I have ever played!:hbang::shred:

Celiak

Reaction score
Yeah pictures, in high res glory, even though I own one I can never see too many pictures of them.

Also the neck will get even smoother.

These guitars are so awesome, I'm thinking of buying a hardtail and putting it into storage so I'll have another one if they stop making them down the road.

')