Waiting for UPS Sucks...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So last week I ordered this from Carvin as an in stock guitar.

Holdsworth H2
Walnut body & neck
Satin finish
SS medium jumbo frets

It's supposed to arrive today, and is out for delivery with UPS. Problem is we have hockey tickets tonight and will be leaving at ~5:00 which I KNOW means it either won't be here by the time we leave, or it will show up at 4:55 :lol: So awesome guitar incoming that I'm pretty sure I won't get to touch until tomorrow :realmad: :lol:

161949b69cf105064.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats sucks. I hate waiting when I know I have something coming! Good Luck. Hopefully it gets there before you have to leave.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
that guitar looks strangely strange and strangely cool at the same time.

I think waiting is a cool experience, sometimes even better than the item that is coming! not in this case, though. Be patient!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want to know how UPS knows I REALLY want something to show up early. It seems like if it's a delivery I don't care about it's here at 1 in the afternoon, while if it's something I'm really waiting for it doesn't show up until 6:00PM :lol:

HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?!!?! :rofl:

SteveDendura

Reaction score
Waiting sucks, especially when you've got to be elsewhere! That walnut looks great though! I've never seen a guitar that had a walnut neck. Tomorrow, or whenever you get it, you'll have to put up more pics!:agreed:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Oh man I feel your pain, sometimes when I send a guitar oversea the customs take it aside to control the content and it can last up to a week....

Drives me totally crazy but the cool thing is that you can track the packet with UPS...

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
that guitar looks strangely strange and strangely cool at the same time.

I think waiting is a cool experience, sometimes even better than the item that is coming! not in this case, though. Be patient!

It does look strange but in a cool way. I bet they play like hot buttered sex!:cool:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I want to know how UPS knows I REALLY want something to show up early. It seems like if it's a delivery I don't care about it's here at 1 in the afternoon, while if it's something I'm really waiting for it doesn't show up until 6:00PM :lol:

:scratch:

Welcome to the law of murphy :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It does look strange but in a cool way. I bet they play like hot buttered sex!:cool:

Yeah I'm really looking forward to trying this out. Actually to be honest this may be a case of try it out for a few days to see if I like the model then send it back to Carvin and order a custom one later ;)

The design on these is cool as it's chambered so I'm really curious to see how it sounds and what the neck profile is like (I've heard the necks are pretty chunky).

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

Driver having a bad day maybe? :lol:

I work at UPS in Melbourne. You can ship Express service (get it delivered before 12 noon) for a higher fee. 3 Day guarunteed (depends really, otherwise make a claim :ugh:). Otherwise all the other service levels Express Saver / Expedited, will be delivered end of buisness day, and maybe even after if you wanted to deliver to residential address.

Then again, you can always call the centre (have your tracking number handy) and track the pkg and ask for an eta or something. They will help you.

Nice guitar by the way. :yesway:

Nick1

Reaction score
I have a Dimarzio Area 67 for the middle position of my Fender American Deluxe coming on Thursday and Im pretty excited about it. Then sometime between Friday and Monday I should get my AMT Electronics California pedal and a Marshall Jackhammer. So yea waiting sucks.

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
booo :noway: waiting sucks..
i've been waiting 5 weeks for a RG570 from canada.
says it should be here in 4 - 6 weeks..

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
last time i had something shipped was when i bought my 6 string bass...3 weeks of pain :( but for a holdsworth it's worth it ;) Happy Pre-NGD!...i guess :scratch:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
WHERE ARE MY REAL PICS STEVE?! :squint: :wub: Yeah I feel your pain, that swirly Parker I aquired via trade is supposed to arrive today via UPS and I guarantee it will be late! :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
It's here, I'll do a thread with real pics later today :D

You work at home, put those punks in the telecon on speaker and talk while snapping me some pics. Chop chop! :wub: Is the figure in the walnut even better in person? This makes me miss that my first custom Carvin so bad... solid black walnut DC200 in tung oil finish with piezo... that thing sounded beast and if this one sounds anything like Misha's I bet it sounds killer too! :yesway: PostPicsNaoKThxBai2u! :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hehe pics will come... probably after I get another cup of coffee or two. Not sleeping much (kept freaking waking up and not being able to fall back asleep) coupled with getting up at 7:30 for a teleconference makes Steve groggy as fuck :D

I only got to play it for like 5 minutes unplugged yesterday, but I like it... now I'm trying to decide which I want in my house more for the next couple months, an Axe-Fx Ultra or this guitar :shrug: And before a smartass chimes in, no I can't afford both :lol:

Also, for those that complained about these having a monster thick neck, you must have the hands of a five year old girl as it's in the ballpark of a Fender, and definitely thinner than the PRS SE EG I have here (either that or the neck on the H2 is thinner than the H2F :shrug:).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More importantly, HOW BOUT THEM PENS

Epic thread derail, but my god did they look good in the third period last night. I haven't seen them play that well since the playoffs last year... and 50 freaking shots on net. Vokoun was probably seeing pucks in his sleep last night :flame:

That game was SUCH a blast to be at :metal: (well with the exceptions of the 3 defensive breakdowns in the 2nd that gave the Panthers their goals :lol:)

Now if the Pens can get the power play rolling... they were freaking 0-6 last night :noplease:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
aaand it's going to be a few more hours before I get pics as both of the camera batteries are dead :noplease:

one of them is charging now

')