Wall hangers for 8s?

• Thread starter Kali Yuga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
I've used Hercules hangers for about 8 years, but my RGA8 neck is too wide to fit in them. Are there any similar quality and construction wall hangers that can hold an 8-string? I would prefer a wooden base so that they match the appearance of the Hercules I already own, but I'm not going to be too picky about it.

There are a few variations on Hercules' website. The ones I've always used are the "GSP38WD", but there are also "universal" and "classical guitar" wall mounted hangers that might be able to fit an 8-string, but they look like they may work a bit different. Anybody have experience with those models?

Hercules Guitar Hangers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Really? I use this Hercules
hercules_gsp38WB.jpg

And it fits my 6 string bass with 55mm nut width. It's a tight fit but it does it - I'm surprised you can't get your 8 in there.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
Really? I use this Hercules
hercules_gsp38WB.jpg

And it fits my 6 string bass with 55mm nut width. It's a tight fit but it does it - I'm surprised you can't get your 8 in there.
Yeah, those are exactly what I used. I've 6 of them on my walls and the 8 doesn't fit. I'm not sure how wide the neck is.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^
Yeah, the String Swings will bend out (granted, it takes a little muscle) to accommodate wider necks. My Conklin 7-string bass was hung on one.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I'm not sure how wide the neck is.

55mm. Sorry, mine is 53. So I can see how it would not fit as mine is tight. You could try sand away some of the foam, which I thought I was going to have to do when I bought the bass.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
I have multiple FretRest hangers. I ran into the neck width issue as well. So, I took out one of the hooks, removed the plastic end caps & foam, then took it outside with a hammer. Placing the prongs of the hook on the top & edge of the curb, I hammered the back of the fork 'till it was wide enough to accommodate the 8 string.

That sounded violent........It kind of was

m4rK

Reaction score
I have multiple FretRest hangers. I ran into the neck width issue as well. So, I took out one of the hooks, removed the plastic end caps & foam, then took it outside with a hammer. Placing the prongs of the hook on the top & edge of the curb, I hammered the back of the fork 'till it was wide enough to accommodate the 8 string.

That sounded violent........It kind of was

I use fretrest on all my 8s as well. I spread them using a vice, but yeah, either way its not a big deal to do.. :yesway:

bloodjinn903

Reaction score
Bump I have 3 6 strings a 8 and will be getting a 7 soon and I am looking for something like the hercules to hang all my guitars up but it seems this is harder then it sounds ... i would also like to stagger them so they over lap ( like in a music store) not straight up and down. any ideas?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Weird that people say the Hercules doesn't fit an 8 string. My RG8 juuuust barely fits in my Hercules stands and wall hangers.

Maybe the width has varied over the years or something?

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
My rg-8 fits just enough to be a hassle to get in and out, but my agile doesn't fit, which doesn't make sense to me.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
There's another kinda old thread asking about this and MaxOfMetal gave a link to some..

Fount : search for Top Stage on amazon. Pack of 8 for $20 last I looked.

Bearitone

Reaction score
My rg-8 fits just enough to be a hassle to get in and out, but my agile doesn't fit, which doesn't make sense to me.

Same.

My 828 didn't fit at all. I just got a standard hook and bent the arms out a tiny bit then it fit perfectly

bloodjinn903

Reaction score
mine is a Ibanez S series S8QM
  • Neck Dimensions
  • Scale: 685.8mm/27"
  • Width at Nut: 55mm
  • Width at Last Fret: 80mm
  • Thickness at 1st: 20mm
  • Thickness at 12th: 21.5mm
  • Radius: 400mmR

')