Wanna play faster pretty much instantly?

• Thread starter levitator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

levitator

listen to sabbath
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TnddE2k598

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETQ-DecOyM

this guy has insanely informative picking mechanics and speed technique explanations.

I forget exactly which video of his i watched but it seriously increased my speed and accuracy within 5-10 mins by using just a couple small tweaks to my technique that he goes over...

he even mentions how playing slowly with a metronome and gradually speeding up is good...but it won't get you to the top without some of these small adjustments to your picking style.

I know some of that sounded like a sales pitch but I am a salseman. haha but i swear i don't know this guy or get any kind of crap from this system. lol hope it helps

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I clicked the first video. The first 30 seconds were so cornball I couldn't finish :lol: it sounded like the voice used for candy and kids toys commercials. :lol: :lol:

I'm gunna see if I can push through the corn to any useful techniques later. Thankyou for posting this. Speed and dexterity lessons are usually the only ones I actually care about :yesway:

levitator

listen to sabbath
Reaction score
haha! i felt the same way when i first watched it. next thing i knew i was pausing the video to grab my guitar.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Opened the video...
Troy Grady...
closed the video...

Because I know the series already and it's SO GOOD!

MrWulf

Reaction score
The info presented here is actually quite good, now that i know the optimal pick angle and such for speed and string skipping. But goddamn if it wasn't a drag to watch.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
I adore Cracking the Code. The information in the videos and the level of production value are a level we've never seen from any other lesson series. Stuff seriously changed the way I play. Plus a lot of other players you know are getting hip to these videos and seeing results right away.

vividox

Reaction score
Never heard of these before.

Clicked the video link.

Epic cheese.

Paused at 0:16 to come in here and and say "I'M ALL IN, THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!111!11!1111111111111one"

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Opened the video...
Troy Grady...
closed the video...
Because I know the series already and it's SO GOOD!

The reason I didn't immediately open the video was because I sort of saw it going down like:

Opened the video...
Tom Hess...
Aww $#@!, that jackass just made $0.01 in youtube revenue off me. :(

Troy Grady is, in fact, the man, though - Cracking the Code is both super informative (you want to keep in mind that it's not the ONLY way to play fast while watching this, and as you get into the series further and start looking at other players you get to see that), and really all of Season 1 is just entertaining as hell - it brought me back to the early days of playing, where I thought I was pretty good and then suddenly one night I'd hear a recording and I couldn't even figure out what planet the guy was coming from. It was a very frustrating, but also very exciting time, and it totally captured that feeling for me. I hope it comes out as a DVD so I can buy it and force all my non-guitarist friends to watch it - "SEE?!?!?! THIS is what it was like, trying to get started."

But yeah, an absolutely awesome series. I should probably sign up for the full thing, partly because I bet theres some more good stuff out there, and partly because guys doing this kind of work deserve to be supported.

Reaction score
I'm amazed I've never seen this series before. This is some great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

vividox

Reaction score
I'm kind of tempted to sign up for Season 2. $40 isn't too bad of a price, but I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger for some reason. Anyone got any reviews for the subscription product?

Latest posts

')