Want some opinions on good tone...

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Here's the zip file with the clips in it. Just listen to them and tell me the filename of the ones you liked best and why. They're all the same riff-thingy but each with different EQ settings and/or cab models. I was wanting to know what kind of standard tone to shoot for in my sound. In other words, to see what is considered the better metal tone. Because I have now idea what to look for.

singtall, who you GSP1101 users might know, says he likes using the DIGISPKR, DLUX1X12, and DXRV1X12 cabs better than any of the others.

Also, I know this isn't in a mix but I suck at that so...anyways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
ALTR4X12 {5.0 - 6.5 - 6.5}
RECT4X12 {5.0 - 6.5 - 6.5}
VNTG4X12 {5.0 - 6.5 - 6.5}

The ones that I liked the most.

Rect was that kind of mid-scoopy in a way I like and VNTG did have some nice, maybe fuller midrange than RECT. ALTR was a nice tone overall.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
So I got bored and decided to compose some drums and bass and make this a mix. Hope I'm not making you mad by touching your song. I'll call this a cover so we'll get over that. :lol:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11989434/Leviathan Mix Master.mp3

I used three guitar tracks I mentioned in my previous post blended to taste. They actually fill the spectrum quite well.

What I'd do is to add distortion just an inch and maybe some highs, but just really little.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
So I got bored and decided to compose some drums and bass and make this a mix. Hope I'm not making you mad by touching your song. I'll call this a cover so we'll get over that. :lol:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11989434/Leviathan Mix Master.mp3

I used three guitar tracks I mentioned in my previous post blended to taste. They actually fill the spectrum quite well.

What I'd do is to add distortion just an inch and maybe some highs, but just really little.

Awesome collaboration dude. Awesome.
You don't mind me using that anywhere else do you? You know, as long as I mention your name. Man that was freakin' awesome. I'll rename it Leviathan & Kurk Mix Master?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
No problem by lad. I made it for educational purposes (and for the sake of doing something :lol:), you can keep it and ask any details about it.

If anyone asks about the mix, just mention my nick and preferably link my Soundcloud account... I just realized that this would be a good day to slowly start spreading my music shamelessly... :cool:

E: Now that you edited, I'll edit too. :lol: I don't need my name on the filename. Only if someone asks about it, don't claim it to be yours. (Not like I really would expect you to)

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
No problem by lad. I made it for educational purposes (and for the sake of doing something :lol:), you can keep it and ask any details about it.

If anyone asks about the mix, just mention my nick and preferably link my Soundcloud account... I just realized that this would be a good day to slowly start spreading my music shamelessly... :cool:

E: Now that you edited, I'll edit too. :lol: I don't need my name on the filename. Only if someone asks about it, don't claim it to be yours. (Not like I really would expect you to)

I just like to put the other guys' name on the track whenever I do something like that so people know it wasn't just me.

What did you use for drums? It surely wasn't free. I hate trying to program monkey machine online but that's all I got right now. I did this using MM. It was kinda crappy and totally random.