Want to buy my first 7 stringer (Need advice)!!

• Thread starter Vagz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Awesome recommendations guys. I did not even know about the Omen, but it looks awesome. The only thing that hold me back from getting an Ibanez is really the fact that the majority of what I can get here in Canada, are all black guitars. I haven't tried, but really think it would be a good fit for me, is the Ibanez RG1527 Prestige. I really wish I could get it in Canada in white, but I'm not even sure if it's available at all in white anymore, anyone know?
Has anyone ever played the RG 1527 Prestige?
I wish I could find a 7-string that doesn't have a floyd rose, just a tremolo and no active pickups. Basically, everything the Petrucci 7 is, minus the cost haha, with the ebony fretboard or maple and a good look to it. I'm picky, but anything you can recommend would be much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score

Whitechapel7

Reaction score
Hi, greetings from India. I am in need of a 7 stringer but have no clue as to which one should I go for. There aren't much options of a 7 stringer here in India (Only heard of a 7string schecter here, no other brands).

So I have decided to get it from the states via a friend and am looking for a USED GEAR as I have a very low budget. Some background info:

1. Influences: Periphery, tesseract, meshuggah (djent-y bands)
2. NO Tremolo, I hate it in my Ibanez. Fixed bridge or Hard-Tail will do.
3. Budget: Within 300$, but can stretch to 350-400$ MAX.

I have no idea between any of the other 7 stringers, coz there are hardly any available at local shops and the ones having them are very very overpriced (For eg: a 450$ damien 7 is costing 750$ here :( ).

Have played a Damien 7 and i was satisfied. My friend has a Schecter (dunno which one) and its really easy with Seymour Duncan PUs to get a djent tone with his Marshall.

So any help and suggestions and/or linking me to some classifieds (highly skeptical) will be appreciated.

PS: My friend in the states is in Philadelphia and Have tried craigslist and GC and couldnt find a good post.

I bought my Ibanez RG7321 (fixed bridge), brand new, off of a website called zZounds.com for about $365 (matched price). very good guitar, and great price compared to retail. I believe that they will match any website's price that is lower than theirs :agreed: hope this helps you decide:hbang:

Here is the link for this specific guitar on their site and the guitar on Ibanez's site:
Ibanez RG7321 7-String Electric Guitar at zZounds
Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG7321

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Awesome recommendations guys. I did not even know about the Omen, but it looks awesome. The only thing that hold me back from getting an Ibanez is really the fact that the majority of what I can get here in Canada, are all black guitars. I haven't tried, but really think it would be a good fit for me, is the Ibanez RG1527 Prestige. I really wish I could get it in Canada in white, but I'm not even sure if it's available at all in white anymore, anyone know?
Has anyone ever played the RG 1527 Prestige?
I wish I could find a 7-string that doesn't have a floyd rose, just a tremolo and no active pickups. Basically, everything the Petrucci 7 is, minus the cost haha, with the ebony fretboard or maple and a good look to it. I'm picky, but anything you can recommend would be much appreciated.

I own one.
Nowadays, they only make it in royal blue. Some black ones exist as a musician's friend special edition or some such, and white ones are rarer still.

I'd say, especially for a first seven, you should mind the playability and sounds before you mind the color, but for each his own.
You do know you can recolor it, right?.. :yesway:
As well as lock the tremolo. It's a pity you'd have to pay more for a feature you don't use, but it shouldn't harm your experience with the guitar.

Hi, greetings from India. I am in need of a 7 stringer but have no clue as to which one should I go for. There aren't much options of a 7 stringer here in India (Only heard of a 7string schecter here, no other brands).

So I have decided to get it from the states via a friend and am looking for a USED GEAR as I have a very low budget. Some background info:

1. Influences: Periphery, tesseract, meshuggah (djent-y bands)
2. NO Tremolo, I hate it in my Ibanez. Fixed bridge or Hard-Tail will do.
3. Budget: Within 300$, but can stretch to 350-400$ MAX.

I have no idea between any of the other 7 stringers, coz there are hardly any available at local shops and the ones having them are very very overpriced (For eg: a 450$ damien 7 is costing 750$ here :( ).

Have played a Damien 7 and i was satisfied. My friend has a Schecter (dunno which one) and its really easy with Seymour Duncan PUs to get a djent tone with his Marshall.

So any help and suggestions and/or linking me to some classifieds (highly skeptical) will be appreciated.

PS: My friend in the states is in Philadelphia and Have tried craigslist and GC and couldnt find a good post.

There are some beauties in the trade section on the forum. A washburn, a Schecter Omen, a 7321 or a Douglas all fit the role perfectly, if you'd just block the trem -
and i'd save a bit on the side for a pickup swap, since it's usually the first thing guitar companies cut costs on.

')