Want to sell/trade, but no iTrader rep or anything prior

• Thread starter cjms1997
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Essentially, I want to trade/sell guitars, but I have no iTrader rep or anything to prove I'm a trustworthy guy on any medium. Is there anything I can do to prove that I wouldn't screw anyone over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
If you don't have an ebay or othe references it will probably be pretty hard to get anyone to trade but selling shouldn't be to hard as long as you use paypal goods and services so the buyer has some level of protection.

And as said above you can buy and sell small stuff and work up that's what I did

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Yep, I started out selling/trading small stuff like pickups and pedals and made sure to ask the other party in the deal to leave some rep.

JordanStGodard

Reaction score
Easiest way is to just be honest and say you do not have reputation but are honest and timely. Always keep a clear and accessible line of communication between you and the individual you are selling to. It is never wrong to give a lot of information in a PM.

For example, explicitly state what delivery service (USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc..) and options you will use. Preemptively answer questions such does shipping come with insurance, tracking; does the item have any wear and tear or damage; etc. At the same time, this will give the buyer the opportunity to change something if needed (for example, priority shipping vs. standard) before anything is finalized.

I also personally avoid online trades as there is more room for miscommunication or blatant scamming. I typically just buy/sell gear as needed to keep the trade reliable.

Anyways, just read the thread below and you should be good to go:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...my-guide-safe-consistent-selling-trading.html

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Buy something, give the seller some positive iTrader rep., and do not be afraid to remind them to do the same. :yesway:

Latest posts

')