Wanting to buy a 7 string

• Thread starter viperpit07
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

viperpit07

Reaction score
ik ik you guys have been asked this a million times and infinity. but i want to buy a 7 string. ive played them before and i really like them. my buddy have an ibanez im not sure which model it is exactly (cost him around $400) i like the 26.5" scale of schecters but im unsure of what to buy still. i like the omen because i dont want to spend alot of money, in the case that i would ever get sick of it and want to get rid of it. but im scared that it will be... ill be blunt "that it will be a peice of crap" so help me out here guys, and are there any other brands i should be looking at? thanks for the help. :shred: < p.s. thats a cool emoticon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
will do, and do they have some pretty decent ones for around like 300-400$ then?

Second hand, perhaps.
I'd say either Agile or a Douglas - the Douglas are cheaper and will help you get the hang of it.

Admittedly, it was a motorcycle realization for me - but resale value for a well kept, quality instrument should put you in no more of a loss than buying a cheap one and getting rid of it for next to nothing, or tossing it away -
and you'd have the pleasure of playing a decent guitar while you're at it.

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
If you can swing it check out the classifieds on this forum and look for an Ibanez Rg7x20 or 7x21 You can get them from $400-500 usually and they are amazing guitars, if you like the feel of a Schecter you really can't go wrong with the Omen especially for the price. Also, like the others have said, a Douglas/Agile is a good option to consider as well. I'm not a huge fan of them, but a Dean Vendetta 7 string is another good option to figure out if a 7 is something you would enjoy having. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but those are usually never more than $200.

viperpit07

Reaction score
i dont think i would go with a dean, ive had bad experiences with them. ill check out the ibanez but i really dont want to go over about 300 if i dont have to. i still like the omen, so its either that or the douglas, i really like the finish on that douglas

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I'm not a huge fan Dean either, the only real upside to that is the price, keep looking around and you'll definitely find something nice for around $300

viperpit07

Reaction score
i like the douglas, but idk if i trust it enough to take a chance on it, might just go with the schecter omen, cause i have a devil custom rite now and i love it.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
i like the douglas, but idk if i trust it enough to take a chance on it, might just go with the schecter omen, cause i have a devil custom rite now and i love it.
The Douglas is a safe bet, plenty of people on here have 'em, and other than the stock pups being far from the best (would be the same on an Omen), I haven't heard any complaints.

viperpit07

Reaction score
and no matter what i plan on eventually changing the pups. i dont like HSH settups, i prefer HH. could i remove the center pup and have it wired to just use the other two, or would that look stupid?

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
and no matter what i plan on eventually changing the pups. i dont like HSH settups, i prefer HH. could i remove the center pup and have it wired to just use the other two, or would that look stupid?
dont have it wired and it wont look stupid compared to a hole in the middle

viperpit07

Reaction score
well i might as well drop it all the way in then cause it only ever just gets in my way, thats why i dont like singles in the middle

')