Warhammer 40k Megathread

Brett89

Reaction score
Well I bought their big novel book, the 760 page long one. I like it very much, and I like the artes and paintings made from it. Well, maybe I'm childish :D
Does anyone like it here?

452rtwn.jpg

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
You're a nerd! Just joking, I play Magic The Gathering, but Warhammer is just too expensive for me. The artwork for both games is excellent!

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to play Games Workshop stuff in my early teens, but then guitar and school started getting in the way...:(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I was into it a little while back, spent a bunch of money on it, then quit because it was way too hard finding people to play with (because it costs so much money). But I still have my army of Salamander space marines somewhere in case I ever get the urge to play again.
I didn't laugh at any of the scenes of him painting miniatures in the 40 Year Old virgin cuz I had been there, done that ahaha :D

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
I've played both Fantasy and 40k for ages I was actually offered a Web Development job b Games Workshop a couple of years ago but passed because the DC/Baltimore area is ass incarnate.

I prefer Fantasy to 40k In 40k I play Dark Eldar and Imperial Guard

For good 40k Novels any of hte stuff By Dan Abnet is fantastic (I like the Inquisitor Series and Gaunt's Ghosts kicks all kind of ass)

Not sure if MMORPG's are your thing but i started a guild For Warhammer Online
http://www.nulnhighwayboys.com We are probably the largest order guild (good guys) out now and the site gets a ton of traffic

Tombinator

Anti
Reaction score
I've read the original versions, which were seperated into 3 different books more than a decade ago, and actually still have them. I picked up the new compiled version. It has two new tie in stories, which is a nice treat. I'm a little more than halfway through, but still reading many other books simultaneously. The author has quite the vocabulary. Just wish the editor was a bit more thorough though, since I've already bumped into quite a few typos, and they didn't seem to go back and fix them in this new edition.

abyssalservant

Ascaris
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass and I played it a lot in high school. Thousand Sons>all. Well, actually I'm>all, seeing as I won even with different armies :p A¥B is a recovering Nid Hive Tyrant.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
haha, awesome. Im going on 8 years of playing now... im such a nerd...

- Chaos Marines
- Daemonhunters
- Witch Hunters
- Black Templars
- Dark Angels
- Tyranids
- Tau
- Eldar

i was playing with all at one point..

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
<_<

>_>

<_<

>_<

~ Wordbearers (just new ;))
~ Daemonhunters :)wub:)
~ Cadian Imperial Guard (Sold on)
~ Space Marines (my first army)

I only really play against my cousin (who I sold my IG to) but when I get better at using my traitor marines I might enter a tournament or two. I like Warhammer 40K but I get this weird feeling when I go into games-workshop. They just care WAAAAAY too much about it... :ugh:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, i love reading through the books, i think so far as back story goes and coming up with a history, they did a truly fine job at making one up. Also disturbing.

Witch Hunters and Chaos Marines are the most awesome for me :)

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, i love reading through the books, i think so far as back story goes and coming up with a history, they did a truly fine job at making one up. Also disturbing.

Witch Hunters and Chaos Marines are the most awesome for me :)

Yeah, traitors rock socks. Especially Obliterators. And Chaos Space Marines are easily the best non-Daemonhunter troops choice.

I never really got Witchhunters as an army. I'm not a fan of any of the models. Especially Sisters of Battle. :shrug:

I'm much more a Daemonhunter guy myself. I mean, case in point: Grey Knight Terminators. :wub:

Grey_Knight_by_CursedChaos.jpg

grey20knight20terminatobp3.jpg

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah. The Inquisitors and the artwork for the Witch hunters is what really got me into them. Theyre just so incredibly fucked up. Its beautiful :)

Having said that, and having collected Daemonunters, i agree, the terminators are possibly teh coolest.. except for Abaddon... NOTHING is cooler than Abaddon...

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah. The Inquisitors and the artwork for the Witch hunters is what really got me into them. Theyre just so incredibly fucked up. Its beautiful :)

Having said that, and having collected Daemonunters, i agree, the terminators are possibly teh coolest.. except for Abaddon... NOTHING is cooler than Abaddon...

Hmmm... Pass on Abaddon I'm afraid... :ugh: Can't stand that model.
415CJEH96VL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The only Traitor Marine special character I'd get would be my ole pal Typhus. :evil:

m1241134_99060102084_CSMTyphusmain_445x319.jpg

Or maybe Ahriman. But Typhus is a (filthy, plague ridden) tank so I'd go for him meself. :agreed:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
but abaddon kills ANYTHING (even the necron guys with the 3+ invulnerable save) if you wound once :D I painted mine better colours... not as well, but better colours. As for witch hunters, just look through the book. Its so twisted.

MorbidTravis

Banned
Reaction score
i respect warhammer, but i play WoW.
they advertise only 40 lvls, but everyone who plays say lvling up once in war is like lvling up twice in WOW. but i guess its easier since you get xp from pvp. and it would be cool to have rvr in WoW but all servers would crash.