Warhammer 40k Megathread

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Hot damn, dude. I'm glad they're on my side. :lol:

I've been considering getting a few squads of Space Wolves to 50/50 on some smaller games just for looks but damn, if that's how they roll... I might need some to beef up my assaulting.

They're not all out assaulty as say the Blood Angels, I would get hold of the codex and have a look. What they do have are the sagas, which are very very snacky.

Codex: Space Wolves Reviewed

This kind of gives a pretty fair view of what to expect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Beardy to the maximum.....but I can definitely see the attraction :)

Absolutely, with braids and everything. Besides it can't be any worse than the 2nd Ed. Wolf Guard Termie Cyclone Missile Launcher + Assault Cannon combo.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Yup, opponent advances across battlefield. Let rip with Long Fangs and Wolf Guard, if anything is left afterwards in assault range, Blood Claws + Ragnar Blackmane. Made games a bit boring after a while.....

85475_md-40k%20Funnies%2C%20Cartoon%2C%20Humor%2C%20Space%20Wolves.jpg

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As a psychic shooting attack, trace a stright line along the board, starting from the Rune Priest and ending 24" away. This line may pass through terrain. Monstrous creatures, beasts, cavalry, bikes and infantry models that are touched by this line must take an Initiative test.(bgb p.8) If the models fails the test, it is removed from play. Monstrous creatures subtract 1 from their dice roll due to their tremendous size and strength. A roll of a 6 is always a failure."

Carnifex killer??? Oh most assuredly.

:eek:

I need this.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ THe Chaos Daemons have some stuff like that too... It's some of the Slaanesh guys it's 5 attacks per model that are rending, and that are cavalry, with a high Initiative to boot :metal:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
^ THe Chaos Daemons have some stuff like that too... It's some of the Slaanesh guys it's 5 attacks per model that are rending, and that are cavalry, with a high Initiative to boot :metal:

It's nice to know that there is some other stuff that's equally as broken. It's a good counterpoint to the whole codex creep argument.:yesway:

Edit: Sorry if I've hijacked the thread with my Sons of Russ centric ramblings. I've always loved the background and currently plotting my Deathwatch campaign of awesome (read plot will be broken immediately by the group of all the experienced and somewhat unhinged people, who've made gaming a blast for me in the last 15 years or so).

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just need people to play the actual game around here with :lol:

Davey, I'll be trying my hand at the first Harlequins this weekend... see how they go :metal::D:ugh:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I haven't played 40k in a looooong time. Have you guys played anyone with just a completely unbeatable army? My friends daemonhunter army would always tear anyone to shreds, in any game or situation. Every time man...

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
When I finally got around to actually playing a few games of 40k (as opposed to collecting/modelling them, and playing Fantasy), I never actually lost a game :nuts:

Witch Hunters I played most of them, and two as Chaos Marines. Never lost :nuts::lol: I played few enough games though (10 maybe? Around there, give or take) that I brushed it off as luck, rather than tacticul genius :lol:

Also, all the games were 2,000 point :yesway:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
I haven't played 40k in a looooong time. Have you guys played anyone with just a completely unbeatable army? My friends daemonhunter army would always tear anyone to shreds, in any game or situation. Every time man...

I don't believe that an army is unbeatable per se. A lot of 40K comes down to unit selection and knowing what your opponent is fielding. In a closed group, a player will normally have a pretty good idea of what everyone else will be playing and fielding.

Case in point, a mate had a Choas Undecided army like that, he was tactically a good player but his real skill lay in optimising army lists to specifically deal with each player. He could still drop like a sack of shit if someone new turned up or another player changed his army list. Call it metagaming if you will, but everyone I think does it to a greater or lesser extent.

Again this is the reason that after many years I keep coming back to SMs and the Wolves in particular.

Shooty - covered.
Assaulty - covered.
Sneaky - covered.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I just need people to play the actual game around here with :lol:

Davey, I'll be trying my hand at the first Harlequins this weekend... see how they go :metal::D:ugh:

I have no idea what the new Codex rules are but back in the day they were absolutely death-on-legs to pretty much anything :)

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Full rules come out in August and my copy is already reserved.:hbang:

Damn you for having an active gaming group! :lol:

Both clubs in this area fell over some years ago and as the LARP scene is also somewhat stagnant I actually haven't played TT or LARP for about...5 or 6 years...

:rant:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Damn you for having an active gaming group! :lol:

Both clubs in this area fell over some years ago and as the LARP scene is also somewhat stagnant I actually haven't played TT or LARP for about...5 or 6 years...

:rant:

Bummer, in all honesty my main group is a bunch of misanthropic bastiches who I met through work and Uni not through any club.

Latest posts

')