Warhammer 40k Megathread

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies for the bump.

Did a search and it seemed like an appropriate thread.
I went to Games Day for the first time in my life on Sunday (I've been collecting for 17 years but I have never gone before :S). Did anyone else go? I found the whole event enjoyable (also spent my RG2228 fund on forge world!)

No need to apologise. You're making a reasonable post and the last post was only a few weeks ago.

I didn't go, but a friend of mine got into the finals in Golden Daemon. I was very chuffed for him. Was there anything new from the Ultramarines movie stand? Their last trailer was abysmal...

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
Congratulations to him :yesway:. What model did he enter exactly? I had a good look at the GD entries so I may have seen it (the guy who won the slayer sword was nowhere near the best diorama entry but nvm, its the judges decision).

I unfortunatly didn't get into the Ultramarines move screening, the ques were obscene :scream: and I had far too many things to see and do then attempt to wait for it. I did read that something different was played in there though. Other then that the same old trailer where you see Ultras getting pasted was being played everywhere.

I saw the THQ screening of the space marine game and it looked great fun, I shall be eagerly awaiting that. Having a 10 minute conversation with Rick Priestley had to be my personal highlight, hes a humble bloke and he answered some very interesting plot holes in the fluff.

I picked up a pre-release of the Deathwatch Game. If any of you guys like D&D I would recommend picking it up, My friends and I have had a few fun games already and I'm looking forward to playing it more. Incidently I thinking it is out now, so god knows what buying it early by a matter of days achieved :lol:

By the way I'm loving your russian-themed airsoft squad! My friends and I did a specific mercenary themed group a few years back (serious rag-tag camo, extras and guns, but it looked great). Unfortunatly we don't play it anymore but I'm hoping to take it up again sometime in the near future.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations to him :yesway:. What model did he enter exactly? I had a good look at the GD entries so I may have seen it (the guy who won the slayer sword was nowhere near the best diorama entry but nvm, its the judges decision).

I unfortunatly didn't get into the Ultramarines move screening, the ques were obscene :scream: and I had far too many things to see and do then attempt to wait for it. I did read that something different was played in there though. Other then that the same old trailer where you see Ultras getting pasted was being played everywhere.

I saw the THQ screening of the space marine game and it looked great fun, I shall be eagerly awaiting that. Having a 10 minute conversation with Rick Priestley had to be my personal highlight, hes a humble bloke and he answered some very interesting plot holes in the fluff.

I picked up a pre-release of the Deathwatch Game. If any of you guys like D&D I would recommend picking it up, My friends and I have had a few fun games already and I'm looking forward to playing it more. Incidently I thinking it is out now, so god knows what buying it early by a matter of days achieved :lol:

By the way I'm loving your russian-themed airsoft squad! My friends and I did a specific mercenary themed group a few years back (serious rag-tag camo, extras and guns, but it looked great). Unfortunatly we don't play it anymore but I'm hoping to take it up again sometime in the near future.

He entered a red killa kan (on the GW website!) and a white master of the fleet. Both were painted beautifully. He was nice enough to bring me back the Blood Ravens' transfers sheet the Games Day model (going to be used as a rabble rouser for my cultists and as a 40k scale Inquisitor character).

Oddly enough he didn't see the Ultramarines trailer either. :lol: He was also disgusted with the last trailer too.

Heh, I was making a Deathwatch kill team to be used as a Sternguard veteran squad in my Blood Ravens. :D

Thanks for the kind words about the Airsoft team. We haven't been playing enough lately but we're just in it for the fun rather than the "win".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Just played Witch Hunters today (all SoB, to be specific). SoB are totally broken when they use 3 exorcists and everything melta. Faith Points and army composition are bent. It's impossible to kill them in close combat with power weapons because they just make their armour saves invulnerable, if they can't wound me they just increase their strength, if I'm faster than them they just increase their initiative and they're only 11pts? Bent. Boo-urns.

Soooo... new Dark Eldar? Thoughts?

Should be awesome. Epitome of the glass hammer army (up there with Daemons). I don't think it would be that broken since it's being written by Phil Kelly. Also, the new models are bootiful.

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
The new incubi are compensating for something :lol:.

Other then that I was pleasently suprised by how the models came out. More so looking like corsair eldar as they should. Rather then the old models which are some of the worst models they have made in a long time imo (then again when 3rd edition first came out I thought they looked the proverbial tits and I wanted an army of them:nuts:).

If you want a broken army zerosignal, I'm not sure if you guys play fantasy too. But have you seen the 200 man skaven slave unit? Last I heard they were thinking of banning it at tourneys because there is literally *nothing* that can get rid of it off the board (and if some miraculous unit wasnt really bothered by them and was happily hacking through them, he will have to spend all game doing it). The only thing I've managed to get rid of most of the slaves by, was with a 100 man chaos chosen unit. Just for most of the slaves too explode, murdering the chosen and then my opponent bringing another unit of them on the board :S

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Dark Eldar revisited? I've got a Lillith Hesperax (sp?) lurking around here somewhere, and a couple of squads of witches.....might be worth me breaking out the brushes for!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to do a small 500 points of Dark Eldar just to have something different to paint.

bjjman

Reaction score
Does anybody know a good place in the US to buy WH40K stuff online? I’ll be over there soon and this thread has had me thinking I might want to pick up the new rules and some models and get back into the hobby. Like most things, everything’s much cheaper in the US and the Aussie dollar is doing well so I guess now’s the time.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
The new Dark Eldar look fucking phenomenal. Like actual reavers/Eldar pirates/leftovers of the fall as opposed to... ?

Wasn't a fan of the look of the old models at all.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I'm curious because there was a Ran custom getting an Imperial logo inlaid on the fret board, quite a few people knew what it was, so I think there is interest around here.

I recently took up the Dark Angels but am using Tau for the time being as my army needs to be painted an assembled. I always thought it was lame until actually played a couple games. So, who plays what!

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I got absolutely thrashed by Necrons last Sunday. Granted it was my second game but I almost knocked the table over when a squad of five destroyers died...and got back up.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
'Ere we go!
Used to play a lot of WH40K. Space Orks. Didn't have a lot of money to buy all their stuff so I made a lot of my own!

DIY FTW!
WAAAAAAAGH!

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
I used to play 40k as well, Tyranids! :hbang: Gave up on it a long time ago though, I only got in to it because my friend was a huge fan. Gah, so much nostalgia! Sitting at Games Workshop all day, doing homework and painting figures. Those were the days....

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I miss the hell out of Warhammer but don't have the time to invest in it so I haven't played in nearly 10 years. Even back then as a kid I was a pretty decent painter, too. :coffee: I still have my Tau, Orcs & Goblins, and High Elves, but I only ever played with my Tau regularly and did a few games for fun with my cousins with my Orcs & Goblins. I'm feeling nostalgic as fuck now. :lol:

Another fun thing me and my friends did was kind of make up our own version of Inquisitor which was much more simple and a HELL of a lot more fun when done right. Basically here were the rules:
-Everything is determined by your dice roll (1 being a bad result and 6 being a great one) and the person to your left is your "DM" (the person who determines what happens after you roll for your action).
-You have 6 actions a turn. Moving 6" is 1 action, and you can also do chain actions (If you try to move somewhere and roll a 1, you would trip and fall on your ass and then you can roll again to see if you break anything, and that would count as a single action).

Most of the time it was just a free for all where 6 of us would grab a single Space Marine and start out with just Bolt Pistols and then look for new gear to kill each other which. One of my favourite games involved my Marine having lost his leg to a landmine, replacing it with a railroad spike, finding a Heavy Bolter, and when trying to get into position to fire on my one friend, the railroad spike sank into the mud and I was half way stuck in the ground shooting the bolter wildly. :lol: Another one I just kept trying my luck and praying to various Chaos Gods to grant me some kind of awesome power but kept rolling crap numbers and turned into a pile of goo eventually. Then I finally rolled good enough to be returned to my regular form, only to push my luck again and be turned back into goo. :lol:

Another AWESOME game type we had was using the same rules as above but it was a survival game where there was literally 80+ "zombie" models and my buddy made a city block with a bunch of buildings as a board.

Man, I miss the good old days.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
I got absolutely thrashed by Necrons last Sunday. Granted it was my second game but I almost knocked the table over when a squad of five destroyers died...and got back up.

If you think 'Crons are bad, I'd hate to hear how you feel about Tyranids :lol: Cheapest army in the game, IMO. My friend plays them like an asshole :noplease:

Chiba666

Reaction score
Used to play epic many moons ago, back when it was the second edition.

I was a naff painter so epic suitred me fine, not to meniton fielding titans was fun not to mention Land Raiders.

Space Wolves every time.

Play myself abit of Dawn of War form time to time and just finished the SPace Marine game on the PS3. Wasn't as bad as it could have been. Pity it was the Ultramarines, they are never any fun.

Latest posts