Warhammer 40k Megathread

sahaal

Reaction score
used to play, still have my old Chaos Marines army around here somewhere

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
I used to play WH40K, but I really enjoyed Necromunda, which was gang warfare rather than armies, along with an levelling-up element. Had a group of 5 of us do a long series of games and was great fun!

Oddkid

Reaction score
I've played 40k, fantasy and mordheim, my girlfriend bought the limited edition dreadfleet box last year and i love the idea of inquisitor. Fantasy is my game really but 40k was my first love. Dark Angels are the tits, i'm really looking forward to the new boxed game, the new HQ models look awesome. Similar taste in Tau as well, i fell in love with them when they first came out and once totalled an imperial guard army in 2 turns by having two free turns of shooting while they were out of range and making the most of them having low armour saves.

I'm thinking of getting another dark angels force together, made mostly of assault marines led by a chaplain...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chiba666

Reaction score
Played a few games of Necromunda, really good fun. I like the RPG elements in regards to your surving gangers getting xp and upgrading them.

That was a good touch

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
played wayyy back in the day, i forged up some crazy tanks and had all kinds of modded rules for the wacky stuff i used to build with random parts. ohh and it was just generic space marines.
i played lots of librarians too, which was fun.
plus the shop we played at, some dude made a huge play board and donated it to the shop, which was cool.

my one buddy played tau, and wrecked people with his army.

good times, but its wayyy to expensive and time consuming to help.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I haven't played in about 4 years, but I have Black Templars and Sisters of Battle/Inquisition. No time to paint or glue and reglue the metal models anymore, because those things always fell apart. And it took quite up a bit of the guitar fund.

I keep trying to get back into it, but the nearest GW is too far away.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've played 40k, fantasy and mordheim, my girlfriend bought the limited edition dreadfleet box last year and i love the idea of inquisitor. Fantasy is my game really but 40k was my first love. Dark Angels are the tits, i'm really looking forward to the new boxed game, the new HQ models look awesome. Similar taste in Tau as well, i fell in love with them when they first came out and once totalled an imperial guard army in 2 turns by having two free turns of shooting while they were out of range and making the most of them having low armour saves.

I'm thinking of getting another dark angels force together, made mostly of assault marines led by a chaplain...
Forgot about Mordheim! My local store (which doesn't exist anymore :( rightinthechildhood.jpg) ran a pretty long campaign of Mordheim when I used to go and I had a Skaven warband, It was a lot of fun to see how everyone in the warband would be affected into the next game.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I used to have a small Dark Angel and (Fantasy) Chaos army but then I started playing guitar and going out with friends and most of my stuff ended up at friends places or the basement... Whenever I'm listening to Bolt Thrower or see threads like this I kinda miss it. The game was fun but what I liked most was painting and assembling the minis.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I used to play all that shit. 40K, Fantasy, Blood Bowl, Gothic etc

40K armies - I had orcs and chaos space marines,
Fantasy - Had massive undead and skaven armies (4000+ points), chaos daemon and dwarf armies too.

I would like to play 40K Necrons now just cos I wanna use doomscythes. However, I have neither the time or anyone to play it with.

I stopped because the store (Cyberdyne) I played at closed down and I hated playing in Games Workshop stores.

Shame really.

Luke Acacia

STRAYA
Reaction score
I have 7 or 8 half un painted cases full of it all. I use to work there so I took advantage of the staff discount because their prices are absolutely stupid.
I was heavily into 40k and Fantasy with 1 case of LOTR for painting because minitures like the cave troll and the orcs were awesome.
I was also into Mordheim and have a few warbands around the place as well as an EPIC Demonhunter army. Not epic as in "that was epic", epic as in "check out my demonhunter army for the game epic".

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
My older cousin does alot of 40k. He does all the buildin and painting of the figures. I get to play sometimes when I'm around him. I just get hold of the video games and the designs and stories are really interesting

Jontain

Reaction score
Abaddon_the_Despoiler_by_Jontain.jpg

This is my Abbadon, such a badass, I wish I had the patience/cash to paint all of my models to this standard.

Only ever really played 40k, my chaos army included:-

HQ
Abbadon the Despoiler
Chaos Lord
Chaos Sorcerer
Fabius Bile + 5 'Test subject' Marines

Tatical
5 x 10 man Chaos Marine Squads (Each with a Havoc heavy weapons)
1 x 20 man Khrone Beserker Squad inc. Champion
1 x Chaos Rihno support tank

Assault
1 x Daemon Rider (bike)
8 x Chaos bikes
1 x Raptor Squad (older models)
2 x Converted to Chaos Land Speeders (one tornado, one with chain gun)

Heavy
1 x 5 man Terminator Squad
1 x Chaos Predator tank
1 x Chaos Dreadnaught
1 x Converted to Chaos Dreadnaught
1 x 3 man squad of Obliterators

Ahh memories...

tm20

Reaction score
used to play with my Dark Angels army in primary school, haven't played in years and i've forgotten the rules (not that i fully understood how to play the game anyways XD) i still do like to paint and collect though, i'm thinking about a Tyranid Carnifex as my next project :D

Latest posts