Warmoth Jazzmaster- Help me decide on a final look!

Which one looks the best?

• Maple / White Covers

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Maple / Black Covers

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Rosewood / Black Covers

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Rosewood / White Covers

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Well, I posted this to OffsetGuitars, so might as well get some opinions from here as well. Might be good to hear from two fairly different communities:

So, with the use of Warmoth's lovely little body builder and a little amateur photoshopping, I've managed to do a few mockups of what the guitar I'm looking to build may look like. I've narrowed it down to four possible options and I've been asking people I know for their opinions on them, so I figure I'll go ahead and ask around here too. What I'm going for is something that looks like this little emerald I stumbled upon years ago: (The image is rather large, so I'll just link it)

This first image is my attempt at that... (and yes, I'm well aware that the headstock is clearly a 70's Strat- CLOSE ENOUGH! I did say I was an amateur...) but I wasn't sure if that translated well to a Jazzmaster shape, so I did two more:
3_zpsgctouuiq.png

This one with black pickup covers- easy enough to change once the guitar is finished... but as much as I love maple fretboards, they aren't exactly the traditional choice for the Jazzmaster...
1_zpswamz80qu.png

...which led to this...
0_zpsr140in8s.png

...and this.
Jazz%20Rosewood_zps8o2rvknr.png

So, if you could cast a vote up top and, if you feel like it, share your opinions in a reply, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nice, dude. Jazzmasters rule. Voted for the first one. With the black pickups, I feel there is not enough black on the guitar as a whole (hardware for example) and it makes them stand out too much.

With the rosewood board, I would want a green headstock. Or at least a dark headstock from a rosewood neck for example. Or a plain maple coloured body. Not a fan of the 3 different colours together.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
First one. You should do a mockup with the black pickups, maple board but a red tortoise pick guard. That would be hot

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Didn't expect to get so many votes this quick.

Oddly enough, the results are looking like an inverse of the opinion over on the OffsetGuitars- right now the popular choice seems to be the Maple/White Covers option, but over there, the popular choice is Rosewood/Black Covers. I do wonder what the reasons for that could be...

AngstRiddenDreams said:
First one. You should do a mockup with the black pickups, maple board but a red tortoise pick guard. That would be hot

I'm looking at it in the Warmoth builder now... Interesting idea, but not quite what I'm after. I tried one with a darker pickguard and I felt like it didn't pop out enough.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, dude. Jazzmasters rule. Voted for the first one. With the black pickups, I feel there is not enough black on the guitar as a whole (hardware for example) and it makes them stand out too much.

With the rosewood board, I would want a green headstock. Or at least a dark headstock from a rosewood neck for example. Or a plain maple coloured body. Not a fan of the 3 different colours together.
All of these reasons are why I voted for the first one. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Latest posts

')