Washburn Solar 170c 2014 any good?

Annonnymous

Reaction score
I've heard the later Washburn Parallaxe Solar guitars, that were also made in Indonesia were good, but I've also seen people here who were not very happy with their 2013/2014 made ones?
The serial number of the guitar I'm looking at starts with 1405, guess it was made in May 2014?
Is it worth giving it a try?
And what should I look for, cause it's second hand, I mean like... are there any weak spots? Maybe their necks twist or whatever?
Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
It is a crap shoot out of those factories. The first one they used was horrendous and the second one made nice instruments. I don't know enough to tell you which serial numbers match up to which shop though. That is kinda the problem when buying these on the used market. It is better to play on first rather than risk getting an earlier one.

Annonnymous

Reaction score
Thank you :)
I tried it, the guy lived in my city, everything seemed fine with the instrument, except for the high action (which could be fixed probably). It was barely even used.
The guitar looked well made. The problem (and this is due do my prefferences) was the string spacing.. The strings were too close to each other to play comfortably, but that has nothing to do with quality.
Anyway, thanks for the answers :)

It looks like I'm going to search for an Ibanez, even though I'm not impressed by their quality and didn't find them comfortable at first... The more I tried them the more I started to like them...

')