Wassup

• Thread starter 7stringdystymic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringdystymic

6string fiend
Reaction score
\m/ hola all \m/
Been playing for 25 years mainly 6 string but started playing 7 string with more focus about 2 years ago. have decided that it is time to invest in a custom 7 string, and figured this would be a good place to begin doing research.

I have accepted the fact that I will be waiting 12-18 months for a custom instrument (if not longer) and I am good with that. Mainly a rock/metal player and here is what I have so far:

Mahogany body with a maple or ash top
Indian Rosewood Neck with ebony fingerboard
Fixed bridge
Bareknuckle Pickups (afterburner calibrated set)
25.5 scale (still trying to decide on this but more than likely yes)

what is left is for me to find a quality builder. I am not sure if it is ok to make this request on here, but if you have had experience with certain builders I would appreciate a response if possible if not well, I will just have to read alot of posts here :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
Welcome! You must be Jakke's neighbor since you both live in a van down by the river :lol:. There are definitely a lot of members on here that could help you choose the builder for your custom.

Unfortunately I don't have any customs but i'll name a few builders that are know are these parts; Strictly 7, Black Machine, Vik, and Carvin. Carvin also has some nice semi custom options that you could look into.

')