Waxing and Waning...Orginal Metal song

• Thread starter schecter4life
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have been told this one sounds like djentcore...wtf is djentcore? can someone elaborate?

i didnt get any comments on the clip i posted earlier of the demo for this song, so i went ahead and recorded the whole thing? any thoughts?
Waxing and Waning by schecter4life on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

the last note of the song is SUPPOSED to be like that, i actually bent the note OFF the fretboard cause i though it made a cool sound and i like it xD

Me and my dad have decided this project will be called "Catfish of the Learning Eggplant"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Weareclocks

Producer/Musician
Reaction score
I like alot of the riff ideas, but I think the drums really need some work. I'm not talking tonally, that's a whole different story, moreso the fact that if I were your drummer, I would be SOOO bored. Try spicing it up with a few fills and such.

Tonally, in order of importance i think you need to improve Drums, Bass, then worry about guitar. Try adding elements of compression and equalization to form a more coherent mix throughout the piece.

Good work dude, I dig the general idea! Don't worry about genre's, write what you want, haha!

C4C? http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/203355-dividing-line-prog-death-metal.html

G-Ray

Reaction score
Well structured dude. I would definitely try and alternate the velocities on the hi hats so its not so in your face and at maximum level. It would give it a "real" vibe to the drums.

Reaction score
Well structured dude. I would definitely try and alternate the velocities on the hi hats so its not so in your face and at maximum level. It would give it a "real" vibe to the drums.
thanks man, like every other song ive ever written, the end is the best part :D

Reaction score
:sharpie:bump to the front page again lol

I like alot of the riff ideas, but I think the drums really need some work. I'm not talking tonally, that's a whole different story, moreso the fact that if I were your drummer, I would be SOOO bored. Try spicing it up with a few fills and such.

Tonally, in order of importance i think you need to improve Drums, Bass, then worry about guitar. Try adding elements of compression and equalization to form a more coherent mix throughout the piece.

Good work dude, I dig the general idea! Don't worry about genre's, write what you want, haha!

C4C? http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/203355-dividing-line-prog-death-metal.html
im heavily influenced by the local Hard-Rock scene too, and that is kinda where i get my drum patterns from cause their easier to pragram, as i have no knowledge of playing drums xD...and as you can tell my my original...i enjoy wrinting teh brutulz...but also enjot writing lighter stuff as well

')