waza metalzone

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Super excited about the DC-2W, hoping they will release an HM-2W at some point as well!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I am still hopeful for the new HM-2 Waza release

I don’t know. All the Waza series is based on pedals they still have in production right? I doubt they’ll resurrect a pedal AND give it the Waza treatment.

Actually, has Boss ever resurrected ANY discontinued pedals?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I don’t know. All the Waza series is based on pedals they still have in production right? I doubt they’ll resurrect a pedal AND give it the Waza treatment.

They could put the HM into one of those double-wides, if not already.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score

Thought the dimension C pedal was out of production? I haven't been keeping up with Boss stuff so I might be wrong. And also CE-2

Bearitone

Reaction score
Thought the dimension C pedal was out of production? I haven't been keeping up with Boss stuff so I might be wrong. And also CE-2

I stand corrected :)
Maybe there is some hope

tedtan

Reaction score
Yeah, they've done reissues of several discontinued pedals: the DM-2 analog delay, the CE-2 chorus, VB-2 vibrato and the DC-2 Dimension C.

I already have the DM-2w and CE-2w, and that DC-2w looks pretty interesting.

wakjob

Reaction score
Maybe this will drop some of the crackhead prices on the DC-2 in the used market...

and it's time to buy another used MT2 on the cheap for some mods. They really sound great with just a few component swaps and run it through the FX Loop.

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah, I have wanted a DC-2, but hell, even the Behringer copy is hard to find and overpriced....

wakjob

Reaction score
$229 for the Waza DC-2... not too bad.

I love static chorus/detuned effect, but the
Keeley DynoMyRoto would be too tempting if I
were in the market for something like that.

wakjob

Reaction score
I'm totally getting the DC-2w and the MT-2w. I have the DM-2w and it's fantastic!

I mean yeah, color me interested in both of these too.

I play the Waza Blues Driver all the time and it's fantastic.
I need to start getting out to the stores again and try some more of this line.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
So after the MT-2 video into his power section, does the MT-2w sound all that different?

The recent finding that the MT-2 sounds miles better thru a power section than into the front, made a lot of peoples heads turn. Essentially the video does the same thing with the MT-2w.

The trick with the old MT-2 was that it could sound half decent, when EQ's properly (or modded).

So far I haven't heard enough to say it's any different, not from that video at least.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
@Bentaycanada seems like Boss is capitalizing on the recent surge in popularity for sure. I don't blame them.

I've loved the Metal Zone since I first plugged it into the front of a Behringer bass combo, my first taste of high gain. I ended up selling it (regretfully), but I recently picked up another one. Think I'll always keep one around at this point.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
So after the MT-2 video into his power section, does the MT-2w sound all that different?

The recent finding that the MT-2 sounds miles better thru a power section than into the front, made a lot of peoples heads turn. Essentially the video does the same thing with the MT-2w.

The trick with the old MT-2 was that it could sound half decent, when EQ's properly (or modded).

So far I haven't heard enough to say it's any different, not from that video at least.
nah i don't think the mt2w sounds much better. used mt2s go for like 40 usd all day, and are perfectly usable in their bone stock form imo. the mt2w definitely wouldn't replace my current modded mt2.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Well let's keep the Waza ball rolling....

HM-2w (Heavy Metal)
FZ-2w (Hyper Fuzz)

...then maybe...
ML-2w (Metalcore)
ST-2w (Power Stack)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Ha, whaaaat. There are no recent findings regarding the MT-2 -- it's like 30 years old! I was running an MT-2 into the loop of a (forgive me) dual rectifier for years in the early 2000s.

In general, if you want more warmth put it up front. People using MT-2s for their distortion aren't looking for warmth.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
This has all been said 1000s of times -The Metal Zone was never terrible, it was just the weapon of mass destruction - err, choice of a lot of people who couldn't dial shit in to save themselves, most notably high-school kids with all the settings on max trying to play Metallica covers. Thus, it became a meme that terrible tone = Metalzone.

It was actually(unsure of used prices ATM) one of the best budget pre-amp pedals around. Then Ola's vid dropped (which was excellent) and everyone is now loosing their shit over it.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I'd really like an explanation from Boss if they decide not to bring back HM-2. Surely by now they should be aware of its cult status and how it's become popular especially during last 1-2 years at least from what I understand. I mean, hell I barely even knew it existed until everyone started talking about it and now I want one too, lol.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I'd really like an explanation from Boss if they decide not to bring back HM-2. Surely by now they should be aware of its cult status and how it's become popular especially during last 1-2 years at least from what I understand. I mean, hell I barely even knew it existed until everyone started talking about it and now I want one too, lol.

As much as I want the reissue of HM-2 like yourself, I assume Boss will do it only if it is profitable and be able to target the market beyond small cult following.

I am still hopeful about it as long as Boss continues to hear feedback from the market about HM-2 reissue and maybe they will do a limited run? I am surprised Boss didn't launch HM-2 this year since TC came with the copy of it and so many small builders are pumping them out.

Then again, some might say the buzzsaw guitar tone is not as bluesy... or djenty enough...

')