We Don't Need No Education.... (Rant content)

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
Senior year was the best year
the rest were shit.
trust me dude, you want that senior year.Just fight through this year and enjoy your senior year.roaming the halls, knowing whats what, being the big bro of the underlings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to ignore the whole grammar nazi chunk of this thread and just reply to Scott here. Basically, I'd advise against the community college during high school thing. I speak from experience, I did the same thing both junior and senior year. They pitch it as a way to get ahead - graduate high school with junior credit standing in college. It sounds nice, but I didn't have any business starting college at 15. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and with most majors these days, you've got to declare by your sophomore year if you want to graduate on time. Basically, by the end of my senior year of high school, I had accumulated a ton of general education credits and still had no idea what I wanted to do. I had also pretty much alienated myself from a lot of my high school friends, as I was never there anymore. I had made some friends at the college, but its hard when you feel like a kid who is totally out of his element.

It wasn't all bad, and its not something I think about that much these days, but it is a minor regret in life. Community college is essentially high school with ashtrays and probably a lower average intelligence level. You will not be dealing with the best and the brightest here, and not a lot will be expected of you. I did graduate from a university eventually, but it was five years after I graduated high school (which is pretty normal for someone who didn't get any credits during high school). I changed majors a few times and really had to find what I wanted to do.

I'm not saying absolutely don't do it, but from my experience, it didn't get my ahead in life at all (nor did it set me back), but I do sometimes wish I had had that senior year of high school.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to ignore the whole grammar nazi chunk of this thread and just reply to Scott here. Basically, I'd advise against the community college during high school thing. I speak from experience, I did the same thing both junior and senior year. They pitch it as a way to get ahead - graduate high school with junior credit standing in college. It sounds nice, but I didn't have any business starting college at 15. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and with most majors these days, you've got to declare by your sophomore year if you want to graduate on time. Basically, by the end of my senior year of high school, I had accumulated a ton of general education credits and still had no idea what I wanted to do. I had also pretty much alienated myself from a lot of my high school friends, as I was never there anymore. I had made some friends at the college, but its hard when you feel like a kid who is totally out of his element.

It wasn't all bad, and its not something I think about that much these days, but it is a minor regret in life. Community college is essentially high school with ashtrays and probably a lower average intelligence level. You will not be dealing with the best and the brightest here, and not a lot will be expected of you. I did graduate from a university eventually, but it was five years after I graduated high school (which is pretty normal for someone who didn't get any credits during high school). I changed majors a few times and really had to find what I wanted to do.

I'm not saying absolutely don't do it, but from my experience, it didn't get my ahead in life at all (nor did it set me back), but I do sometimes wish I had had that senior year of high school.

I had pretty much the opposite experience. I was doing community college while in high school for junior credits, and college credits (double enrollment).It was a huge advantage to me. It was nice having all of my prerequisites already out of the way, and being able to get into the more advanced classes at a 4 year university level. It was a bit intimidating being the youngest person in class, but i am a very social person so i got over that quickly. The only people that didnt like me were the people who got pissed off at me because i got a 95 or better on every test lol.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
It sounds nice, but I didn't have any business starting college at 15. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and with most majors these days, you've got to declare by your sophomore year if you want to graduate on time. Basically, by the end of my senior year of high school, I had accumulated a ton of general education credits and still had no idea what I wanted to do.

A lot of students entering college go through this even when they start at 18 (myself included). If I had known what I wanted to go to school for, I technically would have been done by the end of this semester. Instead, I'm only now planning to transfer out to a 4 year university at 21. I would have loved to start college early and figure out what I wanted to do at a younger age.

Hell, I'm still not so sure what I *really* want to do, and at this point, I'm just settling on something so I can get the hell out of school, get a job, move out, and get my life started.

And there's nothing wrong with getting a ton of GE credits racked up, you need them if you plan to finish your bachelor's anyway.

Mettle209

Reaction score
Finishing Highschool is only the begining my young friend. Aim for nothing less than an "A" so that you will have every available opportunity at your disposal. Blessings and encouragement from Stockton, California (voted the most miserable place to live in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine). Hehe, so I know what I am talking about.

')