We made a Impulse response library.

Soundwoofer

Impulse response library
Reaction score
Hello guys, Soundwoofer here.

We belive in sharing is caring, so we made an Impulse response library where we can collect them all. So far, we have three sections of the library;

• Standalone impulses
    Impulses uploaded with a description

• Impulse responses attached to a rig
    Where you can construct your own rig and add the Impulses from it. It's a bit tedious compared to standalones but for those of you that love structure, this is the way.

• Mixpulses
    In addition to several normal Impulse responses, we have also released a series of "Mixpulses" that are combinations of several microphones (12!) into just one single file.

Need help getting started on using Impulse responses?
- We made a guide for you
Need help to record your own impulse responses?
- We made a guide for that as well
Want to contribute to the library?
- Register an account here
Just want the good stuff?
- Here is the top 20 list of our most downloaded Impulse responses

To encourage people to contribute, we made two packs available.
  • Pack one - Contains 350+ Impulses and can be found in your profile after you have logged in.
  • Pack two - Contains 1185 impulses and can be found in your profile after you have uploaded an Impulse of your own to the library.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
NICE, sharing is what made us humans taller.

I'll have to dive into this a little later. I've done a few IRs myself about 2 years ago and somehow I liked them better than those I found (for free). A deeper knowledge on this won't hurt either, so thank you 3000!

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Thank you good sirs. Honorable people gets good karma or rewarded with blessings 10x fold, whichever you believe in.

I'm new in the game. Can you use IRs with any modelers? I have the Headrush Gigboard.

Soundwoofer

Impulse response library
Reaction score
Video showcasing our reaction-series where artists and producers were invited to Rocksta Sound Ranch to record their rig and have Impulse Responses made from it.

Soundwoofer

Impulse response library
Reaction score
Sample player upgrade

Soundwoofers' impulse response library have a built-in sample player, a feature that allows users to listen to the IR:s in action, live in their browser.

sampler.1586356422.jpg

This player has just received a major upgrade, registered users can now upload their sample to the player, play it trough the impulses directly in the browser and find impulse responses that sound good for their specific track.

Getting started

Keep in mind that the samples uploaded to the library must be recorded in a special way (without a cabinet), here is a guide on how to do that.

Custom samples are uploaded (or replaced) in the profile page.

92236346_704399707035143_5466265659996372992_n.png

After which the custom sample is available in the 'Select genre'-dropdown list and users can go hunting for the sound that suits their needs.

Register a free account here

Soundwoofer

Impulse response library
Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time no see, we teamed up with the Italian producer Mad Steex and created some Orange and David Laboga impulse response mixes, we figured you might enjoy taking them for a spin!

Link to blog post with info and download links for the impulse responses

Lukhas

Reaction score
Thanks to you, I finally stopped using IRs based on boring Mesa cabs loaded with Vintage 30s. I just went for boring IRs based on Marshall cabs instead. :lol: Joke aside, it's a nice project.

Last edited:

Soundwoofer

Impulse response library
Reaction score

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for this! Can't wait to try these.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It took me a couple of hours to download these individually but I finally did it.

They hook you up with so many impulses, a lot of these sound so great too. Thank you again!

')