We must bow before this man.....

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm a massive fan of Shawn's, however I find his covers a little hilarious. There is absolutely no need to put those arbitrary runs everywhere when playing to an audience like that. I'm not saying that his playing is not wonderful, but have a little context.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a massive fan of Shawn's, however I find his covers a little hilarious. There is absolutely no need to put those arbitrary runs everywhere when playing to an audience like that. I'm not saying that his playing is not wonderful, but have a little context.

to be fair he was probably bored out his skull playing those riffs :)

Those videos are a bit painful to watch though, with Shawn so out of shape due to his illness :(

MatthewK

Reaction score

I think the boredom theory is probably right, because in his music I found his playing to be extremely tasteful. Granted I haven't heard that much of his catalog, but at least on songs like Esperanto, Gray Pianos and Tri 7/5.

beneharris

Reaction score
i agree. it really detracted from what the band was trying to do, as awesome as it was.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Rare to see Shawn doing much tapping and yeah, lots of gratuitous runs that may have been perhaps a trifle excessive in places.....

....but it's Shawn Lane :)

boni

Reaction score
The best guitar player in the observable universe.

:minions:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Thanks for the cool vid! It's cool to see him playing when he was younger.
:)

This would have been the guitarist I would love to see pick up a 7 string.

Latest posts

')