Website is super slow loading

• Thread starter Crungy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Woo it took over 20 years for the page to load!!!

You won’t believe what happened in Germany since. 😔 Luckily I escaped and I’m in Dallas right now. It’s Nov 1963 and what could go wrong on a beautiful day like this is downtown Deeley Plaza.

Well that didn’t go well. Hope it doesn’t take another 20 years for this page to load! In the meantime it’s 1980 and I’m just hanging out outside the Dakota Apartments chatting with this lovely fella from Decatur, GA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Well that didn’t go well. Hope it doesn’t take another 20 years for this page to load! In the meantime it’s 1980 and I’m just hanging out outside the Dakota Apartments chatting with this lovely fella from Decatur, GA.

Yikes. He definitely didn’t imagine that happening huh. Anyways…

My IT guy, John McAfee, says everything is slow due to my Commodore 64’s code using a clock with only 2 digits not 4. He thinks it’s only going to get worse as we approach the millennium. I definitely trust him because he seems like a super nice and trustworthy guy.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have reported this to the site tech, and they're working on getting this resolved ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
It seems like things are back to normal, thank you! Hope it wasn't a pain in the ass to deal with.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Yikes. He definitely didn’t imagine that happening huh. Anyways…

My IT guy, John McAfee, says everything is slow due to my Commodore 64’s code using a clock with only 2 digits not 4. He thinks it’s only going to get worse as we approach the millennium. I definitely trust him because he seems like a super nice and trustworthy guy.

Wooh it’s 2015 already wow. Time flies when the internet’s not working. Just stopped in for a bite in the hotel lobby. Wtf is this orange man coming down the escalator acting like he’s the president or something? Ha that would be funny. What a dumpster fire the US would turn into if that guy got elected amirite? Luckily that would never happen. Anywho off to get my girl an “on-demand” abortion. She’s 40 weeks pregnant but we changed our minds. Luckily 99% of all abortions happen at the end of the third trimester under Obama amirite? We actually don’t even want one we’re just getting an abortion because they’re so easy to get these days. About as easy as getting food and water while in line voting in GA. Ah some things will never change!

And did I tell you I met Lindsay Graham the other day? What a nice normal cross-the-aisle moderate kind of guy. It’s a shame the Republicans hate him for being so centrist and normal.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when we all used to jump on MG at the end of every month when SSO's bandwidth limit got hit and so it became inaccessible? Good times.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when we all used to jump on MG at the end of every month when SSO's bandwidth limit got hit and so it became inaccessible? Good times.
:ssorgisdown:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This sounds like an urban legend from Old Internet.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
This sounds like an urban legend from Old Internet.
Just like recorded human history, you can essentially divide SSO's existence into two distinct periods: RB and RS, which stand for "Reputation Bar" and "Reaction Score" respectively. While there is some overlap, scientists have determined that the year 0 roughly coincides with 2015 AD, which was the year that the Reputation Bar was murdered as part of a plot by David Shankle and the Douchebag Maestro Alex Gregory. The era of SSO bandwidth limits lies squarely in the former, around the years 7 RB to 5 RB. Granted, those dates are approximations as the forum was still written on cuneiform tablets back then, so some creative extrapolation had to be made.

Latest posts

')