Website is super slow loading

• Thread starter Crungy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I thought it was my phone and connections acting up but reactions and page loading has bee really bad for a couple of weeks or more.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Yeah, it's been a bit slow the past couple days, but in the past couple hours it seems it's gotten worse? It's now taking like a full minute to load any thread for me

sleewell

Reaction score
It's funny that tgp was having these same issues and it's fixed but now its this site that is unusable

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
TFW the site is slow as fuck, but every banner video ad always loads first:

tumblr_pjkh1iBbvd1sgl0ajo1_250.gifv

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I swear it's getting worse and worse everyday. Does the website's server have a memory leak or something? I feel like I'm back to the dial up AOL days of the internet.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
There's definitely something new going on. I keep seeing this loading screen thingie. At least it seems a little quicker today.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone else having it ask them to verify that they're not a robot before accessing on mobile?
I just get the "we need to verify your connection" thing occasionally but it goes fairly quick. Overall the site seems be working more normally for me on mobile, I rarely view it on a computer.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, same thing happened to me. Seems to work well now.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
It asked the first visit but seems to re verify that on each visit after. Weird.
It'll time out mid-visit and prevent you from making posts until you refresh and re-certify. I'm not sure which one is worse, the slow loading or this.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Same here on the verification thing. And everything's loading faster now BUT I was typing out a reply and "Oops error" pops up when I go to post. Then when I refresh, it prompts another verification step... again. Also spell check seems to randomly be working/ not working. I dunno... SSO is now burping up bugs despite that it seems back to speed today... urrg.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I suppose the past days the forum (or the server that host it) was somehow attacked by bots and slowed down
So now, with an antibot filter it works faster

Latest posts

')