Website is super slow loading

• Thread starter Crungy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
DeVries was never one of us as far as I remember, although we definitely did jump on the bandwagon of making fun of his creations; the Elysian "crabclaw" would also be an honourable mention I'm sure.
I thought he had joined very briefly to try and defend himself, but I honestly don't remember well. I engaged him on Facebook a couple of times, under the Vampiire Guitars page.

I missed the crabclaw :( tried to look up pics but I can't find any.
Were all the Periphery guys here at one point?
I think Misha might still post very occasionally, especially if prompted in the right thread. I keep saying that SSO kinda half-birthed Periphery as a band. Misha and Nolly were very active before they released their first album as Periphery.

Hell, even Tosin was active here for some time under an Animals As Leaders username that I think might still be around. Not sure if Javier ever used that username too. Same as Paul from Chimp Spanner, and a lot of the OG dj3nt boyz.

Stiman

Reaction score
Ooh nice, loved Chimp Spanner back in the day. He got some great tone out of that Pod X3.

It's possible they might still be around under disguise names, to blend in with everyone.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Ooh nice, loved Chimp Spanner back in the day. He got some great tone out of that Pod X3.

It's possible they might still be around under disguise names, to blend in with everyone.
I actually looked him up just the other day because I was wondering if he ever got back on the grind! I know he took a break for a while to do composing for the video game industry, I believe. Looks like he came back around the COVID years and dropped some new Chimp Spanner material. I haven't had the time yet to check it out myself, but it's there.

This forum is responsible for the birth of Periphery?

Is there a refund form anywhere?
Misha made a name for himself here posting all of his demo material. Generated a lot of buzz around the band when it finally started to get off the ground so Periphery launched with a decent amount of attention already on it. Great to have for your first record.
But yeah part of that means that shitting on Periphery and Misha especially is also a time-honored forum tradition. Sevenstring gunna sevenstring.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting ninja'd :ninja: is also an SSO time-honoured tradition :lol:

Haha I just say that cause Misha was pretty active around here back then, and he used to post all of his ideas and demos, some of which made it to the albums later. I used to manically listen to one named "Excalibur" cause I loved the groove. I had never heard those kinds of grooves and guitar tones used in metal before, even though nowadays it's just another kinda generic djentlord tune.
Michael Hebo's cover of Icarus Lives (the demo with Casey Sabol) on YouTube is what prompted me to get my Carvin DC727.

Misha did post a lot of that stuff on other forums though. SSO just seemed like the one that was most fitting for the kinda stuff and gear he played.

cip 123

Reaction score
The new ads seem to make the forum load super slow, and absolutely kill Chrome CPU usage on my laptop. I'm out till they're gone

Stiman

Reaction score

Your message prompted me to look at your "joined" date and holy crap, you have >2x the messages that I have and you've been here for a year?! Damn

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Your message prompted me to look at your "joined" date and holy crap, you have >2x the messages that I have and you've been here for a year?! Damn

That's what being home 6.5 days a week does to a person. I'm like Jack Torrance over here.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I still have a bunch of the memes from when Shono got booted. I should dig up that hard drive some time.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I was on MG for a bit, not long after I joined here, but I quit it so long ago when I realized it really was just the old timers hang out and no real new life kicking into the place besides Ced's manic episodes. Aside from that no othrr forum has really been worth leaving here for, and doubly so these days.

TGP? HC? UG? Everything I've heard about them sounds insufferable so I don't even bother.
Yeah we keep it quiet :lol:

The odd ngd, bike, baby, cars, sports threads I ignore - not a lot happening, but thats absolutely part of the appeal imo.

not much happening on forums generally, i find. Been that way for a little while. I dont even know what the current metal trend is - polyphia style stuff seems on the way out?Im just here to promote les pauls, marshalls, fuzz, reverb, delay, and fractal modelling :rofl:

')