Weight free home ex routine?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
Can any of you experts recommend a routine that doesn't need weights. Trying to get back in shape...yea I'm just hit my 40s and realize I need to start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
I picked up a book called The Weightless Workout a while back that has a lot of great info on what you are wanting to do. It was designed for body builders who were travelling for work and didn't have access to a gym, so it goes from basic, entry level routines to some pretty advanced routines designed for competitive body builders. I think it's out of print now, but it looks like Amazon still has some in stock (new and used): http://www.amazon.com/Weightless-Workout-Jerry-Robinson/dp/0944831265

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Jogging, cycling, swimming, walking, etc are timeless classics for sure. However, you want to pair your activities with watching what you eat as well. There's no point exercising when your diet is full of junk. You simply will not make any progress.

Sorry if this sounds like obvious advice but I'll be damned if it ain't the truth.

Vrollin

Reaction score
8 Minute abs every day, so thats 8 activities at 1 min each, dont stress if you dont make the minute and need to rest a little and do a bit of stop and go, eventually you will complete the full minute on each exercise and will start to want to increase intensity or add more minutes.
Burpees, just do them, these will slay you the quickest but I would work on squats and pushups first before doing burpees.
Get yourself a 100 pushups app, work on this and apply the same to situps. Even if 100 isn't something you actually want to achieve its a good way to keep track and push yourself.
Basically any body weight activity you can comfortably do really, dips, squats, lunges
Walking at a high pace, gets your heart in the fat burning zone and keeps the impact off your lower body you would get from running.

Dutchbooked

Reaction score
Burpees for time will kick your ass as much as anything a gym has.
Start with 20 or 25 and work your way up.

Just doing burpees and pushups though will get boring pretty fast. There isn't much reason not to get a kettlebell, door jam pull up bar, maybe some bands.

ziwegoegb

Reaction score
There's no point exercising when your diet is full of junk. You simply will not make any progress.
CLM8zD

')