Weight gainer

• Thread starter QuarkSoup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
So I'm looking to put on a few extra pounds. What are some healthy ways to do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, try putting butter in your coffee :idea:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Get married.

hahaha 30 pounds easy!!!

Seriously, get a metabolic test done to determine your rate and then adjust your caloric intake accordingly. You may not be taking in enough calories to put on an ounce. Also, you will need to drastically increase your protein intake and work it into lean muscle mass. Yes, it burns more fat, but it also weighs more than stored fat, unless of course you're a complete fatass like me! Don't worry about trying to turn into Aaaahnold as he was in his prime. You just need some solid resistance and cardio training on alternating days.

If you have been trying to gain unsuccessfully for a while, see a doctor and find out if you might have a condition that leads to malabsorbtion. In my case, it's celiac disease, and as long as I stay away from gluten I can digest foods. Otherwise I don't properly process the nutrients from the foods I eat and everything shuts down.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
hahaha 30 pounds easy!!!

Seriously, get a metabolic test done to determine your rate and then adjust your caloric intake accordingly. You may not be taking in enough calories to put on an ounce. Also, you will need to drastically increase your protein intake and work it into lean muscle mass. Yes, it burns more fat, but it also weighs more than stored fat, unless of course you're a complete fatass like me! Don't worry about trying to turn into Aaaahnold as he was in his prime. You just need some solid resistance and cardio training on alternating days.

I've been thinking about going to my doctor for that. I mean, I'm not a picky eater, I eat almost anything. I'm a chef at a local restaurant and I'm eating constantly. I've even started eating right before I go to bed, I hear that usually helps put on weight.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about going to my doctor for that. I mean, I'm not a picky eater, I eat almost anything. I'm a chef at a local restaurant and I'm eating constantly. I've even started eating right before I go to bed, I hear that usually helps put on weight.

Yes, it will do that, but it's not the kind of weight you want. You can be skinny and still have high cholesterol, clogged arteries, and be at risk of heart problems. Try building muscle mass. If you're unable to do so with weight training, you're not getting or absorbing the nutrients you need. Then it is definitely time for a doctor. If you have something like celiac disease it can lead to MAJOR issues down the line.

Reaction score
If you want the right kind of Weight increase, start lifting weights or going to a gym. Muscles > fat... At least that is what I TRY to do. :lol:
Oh, and if you do you can eat as much as you want because its all good when you work out. :) Or at least that is what Ive heard.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Oh, and if you do you can eat as much as you want because its all good when you work out. :) Or at least that is what Ive heard.

Only to a certain extent, you cant have bacon cheeseburgers 3x a day :yum: :(

If you want a solid lifting routine, running, core, etc. let me know :yesway:

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
Only to a certain extent, you cant have bacon cheeseburgers 3x a day :yum: :(

If you want a solid lifting routine, running, core, etc. let me know :yesway:

I want to know. I read some stuff in my Men's Health magazine and they have some pretty cool routines to build up the chest, neck, and arm regions. Btw, bacon cheeseburgers are the shit.

')