Weightlifting routine vs. desired outcome

• Thread starter zackh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Double the amounts you are eating, and also consider either buying a pre-made weight gainer for convenience, or use 16oz of milk, half a cup of oats, two table spoons of REAL peanut butter (you know, the kind with the oil) a scoop of whey, and if you don't feel that is enough, a table spoon of flax seed oil or fish oil. Also, consider introducing sweet potatoes into your diet, as they are one of the best complex carbs, and contain beta-carotene. Also, consider some Spinach, as listed above, as Iron is very important to athletes and more specifically, will help give you more energy. Also, Fish Oil, or just Omega-3, 6'6 and 9's in general are also extremely important, which among many things can help reduce pain and inflammation (quicken recovery), help your raise cardiovascular health, and reduce your menstrual pain :fawk:

But seriously,if you do these few things, implement dead lifts, flat bench, squats, shoulder press, and pull ups and chins ups, you should pack on some pounds. Don't be afraid to gain some fat, without it you won't get anywhere, and you can always start a cutting phase afterwards.
I am a hardgainer too, and I have learned that listening to huge jacked guys and following their routines will NEVER work for me, because the body types are completely different. I can lift more than guys double my size, yet I am still tiny, and if you are a hardgainer, you are probably the exact same way. I would suggest doing Monday triceps and shoulders, Tuesday back, Thursday chest and biceps, Friday all lower body (quads, calves, hams). With that two day break in between back and legs, you give yourself sufficient time to recover from deadlifts to be at your best for squats. Alternate abs every other day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
being another "thinner" guy. i think you are working out to much.one thing i have noticed for us thinner guys, is that recovery time is important.try 3 times a week. alternate upper and lower body. so you have 6 days off upper body, the 6 off lower. bulking up with muscle mass seems to be alot about recovery time for us guys that burn calories by just blinking.

I'm in the same boat. I've always been on the skinny side and being so active doesn't help. For a little while I was wonder why I wasn't really seeing any results when I was working out about 5 days a week, until I realized I wasn't eating nearly enough and giving myself enough rest.

')