Weird Buzz.

• Thread starter Bouillestfu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
Just got my LTD H-1007 and loving that guitar. Was gassing for it since forever. UNTIL I NOTICE AN AGGRAVATING BUZZ. It's actually nothing incredible but... You know wheny ou get a new guitar and everything is perfect until you find that MINOR flaw that bugs the shit out of you because it bursts that little bubble of joy? YEA!

Anyhow! When I do a 3/4 bend on the 14th fret of the G string there's a metallica buzz. Not like traditional fret buzzing where you litteraly hear the string slapping against the fret. This is the same sound you get if you pick a note and gently lift your finger off the fret. You get a quick half-a-second buzz. Only when I play that 3/4 (no more no less) bend off the 14th fret (either up or down) it makes that noise until I release the note. This ONLY happens in that situation and it's driving me nuts when I hear it.

If anyone can help me out it would calm my sorry ass down and bring me happiness again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Step 1. Set it on fire
Step 2. Pictures of aforementioned fire
Step 3. No more buzzzzzz

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing you can do is raise your action, or if the neck has a little relief, tighten the truss rod a little. This will straighten the neck a little and reduce buzz on high frets. But, only do that if the neck already has a little relief.

edit: Actually, if it's only the 14th, and not the 15th or higher, then it could be unlevel frets.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is raise your action, or if the neck has a little relief, tighten the truss rod a little. This will straighten the neck a little and reduce buzz on high frets. But, only do that if the neck already has a little relief.

edit: Actually, if it's only the 14th, and not the 15th or higher, then it could be unlevel frets.

But thats the thing its not the 14th its the 14th with a 3/4 bend thats it thats all... :( no order string does it other then the G string (gigidy)

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
So, not when you bend the G string on the 15th fret? Only the 14th? That sounds like unlevel frets. If it were on more frets higher than 14, then I would say it's normal, since radiused fretboards are higher in the center, and with low action will buzz on bends.

Big Rich

Reaction score
raise your bridge a little, make sure the radius of the bridge is exact with the board or its going to do that. get the neck straight, that will give you lower action and give you more room to move around with bridge height.

if that doesnt help you have a high fret, either unlevel or just needs to be tapped down a litttle because its coming out a little. not a big deal at all, you should get bummed out about it

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
buzz aside, how is the H-1007? Im considering getting rid of my Loomis so I can get one
As an owner of an H-1007 I can tell you it's a pretty nice guitar. Neck's a little flatter/thinner than a Schecter but not as thin as an Ibanez, which is quite nice actually. Very good fretwork on mine, no buzz anywhere and very smoothly done. Pickups... well, I'm not a huge fan of EMG's so you're probably looking to the wrong person for this. The 707 is nice, the 81-7 not so much (very lifeless, kinda wimpy pickup). Suggest swapping the 81-7 for a Blackout to even the volume levels out a bit.

OP, it does sound like a high fret. Not an expensive repair.

Latest posts

')