Weird effects

• Thread starter Soubi7string
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
I mean I own some common pedals myself
Digitech Harmony Man
Boss PH-3 phase shifter
EHX Memory Toy
Modtone Killswitch

and I get some odd yet awesome effects
and might I add that setting up the Harmony Man and the Memory Toy just right gives you a Chorus/Orchestra-esque effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
You, my friend, are hereby out of my good graces until you throttle the name of said pedal out of your so-called friend. Serves him right for holding out on all of us!

*laugh*

Turns out its a Digitech unit of some sort, it's pretty old so the model is completely worn off :noplease: Sorry guys

FLGearnut

Reaction score
couple up a ring modulator with a phaser (or two) and a fuzz pedal. Thatll be enough to give even the most weathered hippie a seizure.:lol:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a few envelope filters and ring modulators that make some bizzare sounds. Really hard to find the musical context for these, if you ask me.

The Boss Harmonist, Digitech Whammy, and the like are actually pretty useful in the right situations. I used to love throwing a flanger in on big notes.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
I'll try to get pics/model numbers next time I'm at his place. Might be a while though, its about an hour long drive to get to his house :lol:

Reaction score
hey guys
I love me some weird effects or effects that I can utilize for weird sounds.
like an intelligent pitch shifter
fucking awesome and weird pedal

Boss PH-3 with its Step filter setting
thats pretty odd to me as well

Delay pedals.....borderline odd/normal

reverse reverb.........mysterious and well hidden lol
Ring modulation, weird but I never messed with it
but anyways
if ya could list some other weird effects that you guys think are odd and obscure
for I need a new pedal as well 8D:agreed:

Screw all those linear boutique fuzz boxs etc. Try running a Korg KP3 Kaaos Pad in the effects loop of your amp and have a friend switch patches and manipulate the effect in realtime while you play. Better yet try two Kaaos Pads together. You get a LFO filter going on one and then into one of the strange pitch shifters and you'll hear crazy shit you've never heard before I guarantee you... all I gotta say is you better record it all because good luck replicating some of the sounds you come up with twice...

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Only an hour?! Christ, that's almost 24 hours ago!!! WTF are you waiting for, for me to start your car for you???!!!

*laugh*

I'm working nights so its been pretty tough to actually do anything outside of work lately.
I'm going to be out of province from the 1st till the 5th, but I promise I'll have a definate answer to what this thing is by the 6th or 7th.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Dude, I truly hope you know I was kidding.

I've been working long hours due to being short some employees, so I completely understand. I'm sure we'll be happy to wait a few days.

Happy new year, friend!

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
The only things I can suggest are to check out the companies:
Metasonix
Death by Audio
WMD

They all have some interesting sounding pedals that I would love to own at some point.

')