Weird tunings

• Thread starter Joespeakstexan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Me and my band have been experimenting with B F# B g b e on our sixers. It's pretty epic, you can get some interesting chords out of that.

Captain Axx

ss.org guy
Reaction score
open B on my ibanez,
drop A on my 7 string
Open E on my ibanez acoustic

i prefer open tunings for some reason...

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
My six is in E-C#-F#-c#-E-e.

The lowest E is the same as the 4th string of a standard tuned bass, tune the C# to the 9th fret of the E, tune the F# to the 7th fret of the C#, tune the c# to the 5th fret of the F#, tune the second E to the 3rd fret of the c#, and tune the final e to the 12th fret of the second E.

Simple, and fun as hell to play in.

Antimatter

Reaction score
My six is in E-C#-F#-c#-E-e.

The lowest E is the same as the 4th string of a standard tuned bass, tune the C# to the 9th fret of the E, tune the F# to the 7th fret of the C#, tune the c# to the 5th fret of the F#, tune the second E to the 3rd fret of the c#, and tune the final e to the 12th fret of the second E.

Simple, and fun as hell to play in.

That's pretty cool. Any recordings in that tuning?

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I'll be living where it is in about 20 days. I don't think I'll be out there until then. As soon as I am, I'll write some stuff with it and get it recorded. :yesway:

Antimatter

Reaction score
Okay! :D
Man I wish I was old enough to get a real job so I could buy some guitars and try out all these ideas I have floating around in my head. :/

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Okay! :D
Man I wish I was old enough to get a real job so I could buy some guitars and try out all these ideas I have floating around in my head. :/
Hee hee, the guitar in that tuning is a six string bronze BC Rich Mockingbird :lol:

I think I have... *counts* 7 guitars right now. I paid a total of around... *adds* $600 counting the ones I received as gifts/traded for some other gear not of consequence.

My advice: have more birthdays or friends who are into the bartering system.

Antimatter

Reaction score
Hee hee, the guitar in that tuning is a six string bronze BC Rich Mockingbird :lol:

I think I have... *counts* 7 guitars right now. I paid a total of around... *adds* $600 counting the ones I received as gifts/traded for some other gear not of consequence.

My advice: have more birthdays or friends who are into the bartering system.

But I want my fancy guitars D:<
:lol:

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
Before I sold my dean 7 to this one guy, I tuned it to F-A-G-B-A-G-D :lol:

In other news, I love open tunings. B-F#-B-F#-B-D# (my band uses it)
I've also taken that half a step and a full step lower.

Or on 7's I've also tried A-D-A-D-G-A-D. It's the fancy dadgad with a low A. I think it sounds killer.

')