Weirdest-Coolest Guitar Features

• Thread starter patata
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
All this shit is so pedestrian. Jackson Custom Shop built a guitar way back using a model F1 race car as the body. If I remember correctly, they also got the wheels working as control knobs. Having trouble finding their pics, but it was like this:

Peter%20McGilton%20F-1%20Formula%20One%20Car.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
I think the parker fly deluxe, and basically the use of carbon fiber in guitar building is a neat innovation. i'm not sure why the appeal of an extremely stable neck & fretboard haven't caught on.

15302_Parker_Fly_Deluxe_Galaxy_Grey_P0908636_b.jpg

also, i'd love to see this feature used on guitars. so far I've only seen concave backs on warwicks, spectres and some soundgear basses.

gianna%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^Another reason for Ibanez to introduce their bass-esque Artfield model, but I'm not particularly convinced it would sell that well. :shrug:

sonicwarrior

Reaction score
I think the parker fly deluxe, and basically the use of carbon fiber in guitar building is a neat innovation. i'm not sure why the appeal of an extremely stable neck & fretboard haven't caught on.

I own a headless Basslab made from some mixture including carbon fiber but it's not that stable. Maybe it's too thin because it is completely hollow and the hull is only maybe 2 mm thick.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
Basslab? How bad is it? I've been looking at them for a while. Got any pics?

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
The Tremologic is a neat idea! Wonder if it does pull ups AND dives?

The later models did, too bad the dude's working on these bridges closed the shop not so long ago.. would be cool to see these on the market!

And to compare this to the Evertune, the tuning stability was just a side-effect from what their first intention for the bridge was.. which is kind of funny!

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what the unique feature is here, but there's got to be something :)

spalt.jpg

Reaction score
30200c-installed.jpg

These Guitar Xtenders from hipshot are way cool and usefull for different tunings on the fly... also a bit expensive... damn...

Alternatively, they also have a multi tune bridge...
304.jpg

I see this photo and still can't figure out how it works... this one is for 8 stringers... huuummmm nice...

slapnutz

Reaction score
I dont have anything to add but just wanted to say this thread is awesome! So many contraptions out there that I never knew off. Thanks guys. :)

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I'm going to +1 for strandbergs, I find them oddly amazing.

TT Frets are also kind of interesting, I'd have to try playing one before I can really say that its super cool.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Bumblefoot's signature Vigier has an indent in it for you to store your thimble in when you're not tapping insanely high notes with it :D

VigierBumblefootSignatureSeriesGuitar.jpg

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
')