Weirdest Trade Offer I've yet received

• Thread starter golem
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've definitely had people offer me shockingly large amounts of Marijuana, years before it was legalized, but this one was pretty odd. The item I was selling is worth about $700-800 give or take. I was asking $700.

It's supposedly a 1967 Bassman that someone converted into a 2X10 combo. I probably would've gone for it if it was a just a head in good condition. But this... this actually kind of hurts me to see.
weird CBS era Bassman.jpg

Back.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
That is strange indeed

So if this a thread about the weird/funny/cool people want trade you...I could share some.

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is strange indeed

So if this a thread about the weird/funny/cool people want trade you...I could share some.
Go for it!

I’ve had a few people want you trade me guns or knives but they always wanted full retail pricing and I hadn’t taken up the hobby at that point

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been offered "Medibles" multiple times. I live in a state where I can walk 5 minutes down the street and buy as many thc edibles as I want so I'm not sure why they thought that would be enticing. And my most recent favorite was from a guy I've done business with multiple times- really nice guy. email excerpt: "I would much rather a (generous) trade rather than cash. I have a Pioneer VSX-1015TX (an amazing unit, made in Japan) which I am no longer using. Or, behind the other curtain, a vintage (2004) Apple G5 workstation, if you are into that sort of thing. I also have glassware and ceramics. Maybe we can make this happen?" - I thought the presentation there was pretty amusing. I was going to take him up on the Pioneer but the item in question sold on Reverb before I could get back to him.

')