Weirdest Trade Offer I've yet received

• Thread starter golem
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not for gear, but when I was into cars, the amount of odd-ball items that were tossed around as trade items never ceased to amaze me: snowmobiles, jet skis, RVs, storage shacks, etc.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Here in TN it's all guns, dogs, and gaming pcs.

"I know it says no trades BUT I have this sweet bang stick and a pure bred pit-doodle... Can throw in a SuperCyber 4000 if you're hard set on price."
Pitdoodle…

Long time pit owner here. This seems like a bad cross lol.

“You wanna make your pigbadger faster and more unassuming? Alrighty”

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Same story over here, mostly just people wanting to trade copious amounts of weed.
It is really strange how ubiquitous this is. I mean you're also in CA so you know....weed isn't especially expensive or difficult to come by here, never has been.
So why would you assume I'm going to take you up on your offer for like $300 worth of weed for my $600 guitar? If I'm in the market for $300 worth of weed wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that I both know that's a raw deal, and have the means to get that $300 bag for....$300? And yet you still get at least one of these offers for every listing you post :lol:

rokket2005

Reaction score
Not a weird offer I guess but I traded a Boss V-wah for a Nintendo DS Lite back in the day. Led me to buying my CIB Pokemon Emerald which is worth $1200 now.

If I had the land for them I'd trade stuff for a female goat or chickens all day.

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not a weird offer I guess but I traded a Boss V-wah for a Nintendo DS Lite back in the day. Led me to buying my CIB Pokemon Emerald which is worth $1200 now.

If I had the land for them I'd trade stuff for a female goat or chickens all day.
What is CIB?

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1. An orange cat for a Sansamp pedal
2. A 2 year old Husky for a Gibson SG
3. Full-Sleeve Tattoo for a Mark IV
4. 5 mos supply of Marijuana for a Les Paul Standard
5. An Ikea Cabinet for a JSX 4x12 cab
5 months doesn’t tell me much. My friend’s 5 month supply would have lasted me years when I did smoke.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Typically? I think maybe 4 out of 5 trade offers I find are not something worth taking but I do agree good trades can happen.
I think this depends on what you have. Like I said, I only generally buy it trade for things that I know will be easy to get rid of, so any trade offer I receive on them is generally high quality 🤷‍♂️ That said, even when I've been trying to get rid of some of my lower end stuff, I just don't even get trade offers at all - I generally have to offer it in trade myself until someone bites.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
That bassman is sick but that combo is fuckin whack.

As stated, the usual suspects offering the same garbage I've been watching them trying to sell for the last 2-5 years. I'll usually include a short list of things I'd accept in trade, but it doesn't stop people from trying.

On the other hand, RAT pedals are always on my short list, a few years ago I had a local beardo send me images of his collection of RAT pedals and then tell me they weren't for sale. Aight cool story bro. Anyway 6 months later he messaged me again offering one of the very same RATs for the same cab he wouldn't trade it for before.

I also had a guy respond to my musicians classified craigslist ad aggressively convinced that I was not looking for a drummer but that I was in fact looking to fuck. "Are you looking for a man?" "No, I'm looking for a drummer."

Seriously though, when I'd post guitars or gear on cl, I'd get people offering tattoo work in exchange...so much so I would have put NO TATTOOS in my ads

If they were any good I'd probably go for it personally.

When I was younger a guy traded me a Crybaby wah for a Big Mac combo.

I once traded a Crybaby for a Seismic 2x12, 1x15, and a shitty off brand bass tuned BEAD

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I had someone offer me three brand new totally not just stolen phones for a guitar.

I offered someone 3 hard cases and 2 gig bags for a guitar, they actually liked the offer and traded. I used to work at a well known guitar company and we threw away cases and gig bags when someone looked at them too long.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I've been offered enough guns to the point where I swear Craigslist Musical Gear and Armslist patrons have a nearly 100% crossover rate in my area.

')