Weirdest Trade Offer I've yet received

• Thread starter golem
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
yeah but are they anything good? Or is it all shit like Hipoints and Tauruses?
Mid and low end mostly, lots of odd ducks and bubba'd shit. The most common aspect always being that they weren't worth what I was selling even if I had wanted them.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I've been offered enough guns to the point where I swear Craigslist Musical Gear and Armslist patrons have a nearly 100% crossover rate in my area.
I've never been offered a gun. Now I'm feeling left out 😭

TBH, I'd probably be down to trade for a gun or two. Would be fun to go out shooting once in a while. My problem is that I literally know nothing about guns,what they're worth and the laws around selling them to private parties, so trading for one is totally out of my wheelhouse.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I've never been offered a gun. Now I'm feeling left out 😭

TBH, I'd probably be down to trade for a gun or two. Would be fun to go out shooting once in a while. My problem is that I literally know nothing about guns,what they're worth and the laws around selling them to private parties, so trading for one is totally out of my wheelhouse.
Laws vary from state to state. AZ laws are pretty relaxed IIRC. If you know your state laws regarding private transfers (selling/trading) that's about 90% of it, the other 10% being don't try doing deals with people who you know are a person prohibited from firearms ownership. I know a weird amount about guns if you ever have any questions, it's a bigger hobby of mine than guitar, but sadly I don't have the insight on hand about your state laws. Also keep in mind you can't go to another state in which you do not reside to buy/trade/give and skirt the firearms laws of the state in which you do reside, as that would constitute a federal felony. I would bet AZ doesn't have magazine/ammo/muzzle device/grip laws at all, you would just have to worry about federal regulations which are confusing but boilerplate. If you have any questions feel free to reach out, but you'd probably be better off finding a reddit group like AZguns (I made that up) or something and ask them. They'll know which way the wind blows over there a lot better than anyone else will.

Edika

Reaction score
The few times I put stuff on either Gumtree (the equivalent Craiglist but not as weird) or Facebook marketplace, there was 0 interest or communication. Most of the times though it would be 100W heads or 2x12 speakers or not the usual Les Paul or Strat or SG or a cheap clone of those, rather than mid tier pointy guitars over £500.

Unless I specify no trades, I'd put trades of equivalent value and I once got offered a used Fender Mustang combo, which was £350 new, for a Laney VH100R head I was selling for that much. I politely declined as the guy seemed quite young and full of optimism!

I once offered a trade, though, to a guy an hour away for an LTD H-1007FM he was selling for about how much I was trying to sell my Schecter E-1 Custom. I just asked him if he'd be interested, even though he didn't specify he was looking for trades. He was ok, we met halfway and we were both happier with our new guitars.

I once offered my Jackson Kelly USA for a Gibson Explorer Voodoo. I wasn't jelling with the Jackson and at that point of time the Voodoo prices where starting to rise. I'd still be loosing money at that point and the finish on the Voodoo was quite rough but I was still keen and he was interested. But when he learned that the Jackson was 25.5" he called it off as he only played 24.75" guitars 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

')