Well, I went to see Megadeth on thursday...

• Thread starter Espaul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Espaul

Reaction score
I know this isn't everybody's cup o' tea...

But this concert was SWEET! I felt like I was back in the 80's and a fullblown thrash concert. I have never experienced a real moshpit on a concert like that before. It was amazing :) If you guys get a chance to see Megadeth just do it.

As for the warm up band, they did a good job. their name is Evile, and they play a sort of mix between Slayer and Exodus. DAAAMNED ugly guitars, but good playin'.

well... felt like sharin' ;)

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I´ve seen Megadeth twice and, as a fan, I hope to see them again! They rock!

:hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm sorry. lol :p

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome! I saw them with the Clash Of The Titans tour, 1991 with Slayer, Anthrax and Alice In Chains opening. Killer show. :metal:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I got to see them open for Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour and on the Countdown to Extinction tour with Suicidal Tendencies.

I'd really like to see them again, but their new material just doesn't do it for me.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! I saw them with the Clash Of The Titans tour, 1991 with Slayer, Anthrax and Alice In Chains opening. Killer show. :metal:

I got to see them open for Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour and on the Countdown to Extinction tour with Suicidal Tendencies.

I got to see clash of the titans as well, and I also saw them with Judas Priest, although Testament and Megadeth were the openers for that one, can't remember what tour it was.

Both completely kick-ass shows, the priest show wasn't what I was expecting, as Testament only played like 6 songs and Megadeth 8 IIRC.

Rob started the show riding a Harley out on stage, it was pretty fuckin cool

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
HEEEEY :squint:

I play a Moser too...

(...but Ol's is maybe a bit much...too many spikes :ugh:)

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I know this isn't everybody's cup o' tea...

But this concert was SWEET! I felt like I was back in the 80's and a fullblown thrash concert. I have never experienced a real moshpit on a concert like that before. It was amazing :) If you guys get a chance to see Megadeth just do it.

As for the warm up band, they did a good job. their name is Evile, and they play a sort of mix between Slayer and Exodus. DAAAMNED ugly guitars, but good playin'.

well... felt like sharin' ;)

Cheers!

How did Broderick sound?

Espaul

Reaction score
I have actually seen Broderick play before, with nevermore... Then I couldn't catch a tone of what he was playing cause of the crappy sound they had, but it looked like he knew what he was doing :p

Now I know he knows what he is doing ;) He was playing the solos as they should be played, no slips... I really didn't like that glen drover guy, didn't like his style. But Broderick knew what he was doing. And he was showing like he owned the stage, really cool preformance! :D

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
God I'd love to have seen him with NM. Gigantour swings through Houston in April I think, Guess I should grab some tickets since I keep hearing how good Megadeth is sounding these days. Havent seen COB in a couple years also :hbang:

Espaul

Reaction score
Yeah! you should do tha!

but don't get me wrong guys :p I think their last album is one of their weakest...

they did not play much from the new album *phew* :D

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna grab tickets for the show in April... I also really want to see High On Fire, so it's great that they're one of the opening acts.

Do you recall the setlist, or part of it?

')