Well looky what I found!

• Thread starter Donnie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Found it locally for a steal of a price! I just couldn't pass it up. :yesway:
It's a damn nice guitar. I had forgotten how cool these actually were(I use to have the blue one years ago). I have yet to play it through an amp(I'll do that tonight at practice). It has one of the straightest necks I have ever seen. I've got the action so damn low that you can breathe on it and it'll fret a note.

I was going to do a big pic-story with the trip up the Bellevue to get it but It was shitty out and traffic sucked. Pretty sure I would have killed myself doing so. :lol:

It came with the U-Bar. I just don't have it in for the pics.
Enjoy!
front2.jpg

back2.jpg

body.jpg

head.jpg

bastards.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
is that a little flame on the neck that I see?

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
Damn, Donnie..... I'm really digging it! I :wub: Ibanez.

It's been 24 hours since I last bought a guitar.....my Gas is already at the breaking point!

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll just say that it was waaaay less that what you would expect to pay for one of these. :D
Yep....and I just played it. I want it! :D
Holy crap on a pita! You should hear this thing through a big ole amp. Pure chunk!!!! :metal:
The cleans on the neck pickup are just beautiful!
And damn, does it have some spank to it! You know how you were saying about how it had some hellacious pick attack? I had to really re-adjust the settings on my amp. :lol: When I had the blue one, I only had a Line 6 Pod so I never got to experience one of these amplified. :yesway:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
How does the PAF7 in the bridge ballance with the PAF7 neck? I've been seriously considering that combo, but have been slightly hesitant because of the equal output of the two...

Oh, and congrats on your new axe - it looks stunning!!!

Cheers

Eske

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How does the PAF7 in the bridge ballance with the PAF7 neck? I've been seriously considering that combo, but have been slightly hesitant because of the equal output of the two...

Oh, and congrats on your new axe - it looks stunning!!!

Cheers

Eske
Thanks!

Well, I have always been a big fan of PAF's. I'm feeling that it's the perfect combo. For me, anyways. I'm not really good at describing a "tone" but in either position it can get really heavy or really clean with just a slight turn of the volume knob on the guitar. But, being that the PAF's are a low output pickup, I have to run the gain fairly high on the amp. Which is a combo that I prefer. :yesway:
I will say that I've never really been a fan of neck pickups in general but tonight at practice was probably the first time that I have used both the neck and bridge equally. :)
Another thing that I will ad is that I'm running a Line 6 PodXT Live into the front of a Mesa Nomad 55. So basically I've got a solid state pre going. The PAFs make the Pod react like a tube amp. Pretty damn sweet.
can i have it?
Sure. For the right price. :D

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
nice find! I don't mind the K-7 inlay. Practically speaking, it IS the model number after all. That gray color/shade/whatever scheme is awesome!

I have a paf-7 in the bridge of my rg7321, and can vouch for it's coolness:cool:

')