Well my $99 Washburn came too!

• Thread starter B Lopez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Wow! It plays great, but looks bland from the front; Definitely a candidate for a refinish. However, the neck is pretty sweet.

Plays better than my LTD MH-307. It needs new strings and a fret polishing, but what $99 guitar doesn't.

3bcd0fce.jpg

ad6f651f.jpg

511ecbaa.jpg

7cee4e64.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice maple on that neck!

Those things are fuckin' alder, too, aren't they? I'm sorry I missed that. :/

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Yeah, the neck looks great, Ill get better pics when there's sun out.

I dunno if its alder, but when I decide to refinish it we'll find out for sure. Its about as heavy as an alder blank I have so its got a good chance at being alder.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Nice! I definitely would've gotten one of those if I wasn't trying to get something else at the moment.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really wish I had picked one of these up. Nice score for the price..

On another note, anyone else notice the flood of $179 Washburns on eBay all of a sudden? :)

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
For $99 it's a wicked guitar! and the maple on the neck it's nice.

Congrats dude!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice :yesway:

Judging from the weight of mine, I'd guess it's alder as well. Either that or they found some super dense basswood somewhere...

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
On another note, anyone else notice the flood of $179 Washburns on eBay all of a sudden? :)

Yeah, I've been seeing that model on eBay since they lowered the price to $200 a long time ago. Then when they were $99, I saw some for about the same price up, too. Now I see 'em anywhere between $150 and a bit under $200.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Well, I got it cleaned up and Im really happy with it so far. :woohoo: It needs pickups that do more than whisper though :lol:

bazguitarman

Half assed at best
Reaction score
Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
Wow, that`s a great looking piece of maple used for the neck. Maybe you accidentally got one of the $99.99 Custom Shop versions. :rolleyes:

I can`t get over that neck wood. Nice, but that body color is bland. Might make a great base coat for some airbrushed graphics though.

A great investment of $99.99 though. I wish I could have picked one up, but had just bought the RG7321 and want to mod it a little.

Good buy :yesway:

Eric

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Got some sun today :woohoo:

BTW, Are these actual Grovers? My last guitar with them didnt have "18:1" inscribed on them.

121ffb5a.jpg

b0cdbcda.jpg

44e05598.jpg

Dersu

Reaction score
I had to register just to reply to this thread. I bought one of the $99 Washburns and Music123 knowingly sent me a B-stock damaged guitar. http://www.flickr.com/photos/60594126@N00/

The shipping box and the commercial packaging box were box in flawless condition but the guitar looks like a gorilla went ape and used it as a sledgehammer on concrete. I opted for 3 day express shipping (it was only $1 extra) and they shipped it to me the same day I ordered, so they probably rushed me one of the broken ones they had in stock, since most people I've talked to, who've ordered these guitars, have had there orders take a few days to process. I'm trying to get a replacement, but still haven't heard back from Music123.com. They no longer have the guitars listed for sale on the site but they do have "B-stock"s. I really hope they don't send me another damaged guitar because I was actually really looking forward to getting one of these to fool around with. I bought a new $400 amp 2 sets of strings and a Dimarzio 7 string Activator humbucker to stick in the neck (though, wise on my part I had bought all these things at a separate vendor, so they came to me in perfect condition...).

Yeah, I realize it sounds foolish that I purchased an amp to go with such a throw away guitar. I have another T.Reiser SD custom guitar that needs some serious work to repair but I wanted something I could fool around with in the mean time. This little turd junker of a guitar was my motivator to get back into playing guitar after quitting for 3 years. I had played for about 10 years previously and gave it up after moving, having my main guitar fall apart and ditching my old amps. Maybe I should take this as a sign to invest my time elsewhere :(

Or perhaps I should just get an Ibanez 7 string when money permits.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I've had good luck with Music 123 in the past, but that story sucks. It's probably just a QC issue, but please let us know what happens.

Oh, and welcome. :wavey: wish it was under better circumstances.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
1. That neck is great!

2. Dersu - don't give up. Can you get a refund/exchange? Still, even if not, 99$ is a good amount to have to lose on a deal like this if it's karma or whatever. :lol: Coulda been a couple of hundred (bright side of life). I'd say, see what you can do, and if nothing, then just save a bit and get another guitar. :hbang:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Dersu- Holy crap I cant believe they sent you that, thats brutal.

PS, where are you in the bay?

')