Were you ever in a band that you thought "could make it big?" (my musical life story)

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Antagonist A.D, They are signed to Trial and Error records in Australia and should be over there in a few months. Check them out if you can, I'm extremely proud of everything I did and wrote with that band!

I definitely know the name, i think i may have even seen them afew times.
Killer man, you should be proud

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Antagonist A.D, They are signed to Trial and Error records in Australia and should be over there in a few months. Check them out if you can, I'm extremely proud of everything I did and wrote with that band!

I remember seeing you guys open for Parkway Drive in 2008 (on my birthday haha), I didn't really know much of your stuff then but I thought it was good and ended up buying These Cities, Our Graves. My taste has changed a lot since then though.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Thanks for picking it up when you did man! That tour was unbelievable. Playing to sold out venues with capacities of 3 to 4 thousand, it was surreal! Everyone on that tour were amazing, Parkway Drive are great guys and I'm very stoked at the how well they are doing for themselves!

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I remember seeing you guys open for Parkway Drive in 2008 (on my birthday haha), I didn't really know much of your stuff then but I thought it was good and ended up buying These Cities, Our Graves. My taste has changed a lot since then though.

Yeah thats when i saw them to, but in Sydney :metal:

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I was starting to feel let down and didnt see potential cause my band was only booking shows with friggin hardcore bands and we are NOT hardcore at all! last night we played a music festival and sold maybe 40tickets, half of the people didnt even come to the show but when we started playing everyone got to the front of the stage and it seems that our energy woke the crowd up and this is what happened..

Now were getting management cause of that show and we got tons of awesome feedback so people..when some shows suck ass.. wait for the next good one.

B36arin

Reaction score
It's been going quite well with my current band. We won a band competition last year, and since then we've played the major festivals in The Faroe Islands, as well as quite a few shows, and we've released our debut album(EP length) through an independent label, which is as good as we could possibly hope for until we get a chance with a major label. We've been getting fantastic reviews, both for our shows(4* from Kerrang!, 5 of 6 from local media) and our release(4/6 and 5/6 from local media). We actually won a media award as best new band of 2010(the only awards ceremony in The Faroes). We're going on our first tour abroad this summer.

I'm not holding out on making a living off it though, it's a doom metal band, and we do it because we love to do it. We're stuck in The Faroe Islands, and until we get a proper distribution deal abroad and get out on a few tours we won't get to the stage where we actually make money off the band.

')