Wes Borland

• Thread starter Mastodon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big fan.

A bit of news in his myspace blog: he turned down the guitarist spot in both NIN and A Perfect Circle in the last few years. He turned down APC because of wanting to get Eat The Day (or another solo project) going, and he turned down NIN (after working with Trent Reznor pre-With Teeth sessions) to rejoin Limp Bizkit, only to have Fred Durst fuck up the whole thing (refusing to sing on most of the music they recorded, cancelling the tour, making their reputation so bad that no one will book them anymore).

So Wes' new focus is Black Light Burns and I'm excited as hell.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Donnie said:
Man, that would've been sweet if he joined APC.
He'd have been cool in either APC or NIN, except in either of those cases he'd just play what he was told because they're both basically hired bands for the main controlling members (Trent Reznor in NIN and Billy Howerdel in APC). What I think would be even cooler would be to see this tour:

Headliners:
Tool
Nine Inch Nails

Featuring:
A Perfect Circle

Opening Act:
Black Light Burns

(the best part being that they all share members, Maynard's in Tool and APC, Josh Freese is in NIN, APC and BLB, Danny Lohner used to be in NIN and is in BLB, Jeordie White used to be in APC and is now in NIN, and everyone knows they're all close friends)

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
Goddamnit that makes me want piezo's so bad...fuck, it makes me want a CST so bad! I sure hope those suposed piezo saddles for floyd roses come out soon...

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drache713 said:
Goddamnit that makes me want piezo's so bad...fuck, it makes me want a CST so bad! I sure hope those suposed piezo saddles for floyd roses come out soon...

WHY!!!!??? If you want an acoustic sound, just get an acoustic and put it on a stand! Even a cheap one'll sound better than piezoes!!!!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
WHY!!!!??? If you want an acoustic sound, just get an acoustic and put it on a stand! Even a cheap one'll sound better than piezoes!!!!

I disagree. Yes an acoustic guitar sounds way more like an acoustic guitar than an electric with piezos, but for convenience of not dealing with mic-ing, etc., piezos sound the same whether on an acoustic or electric, so I'm all for piezos.

If I'm in the studio and need acoustic sound, I grab an acoustic guitar, a Neuman tube mic, a nice tube compressor, etc., but live, I'll grab a guitar with piezos and no one makes it into a big deal. It sounds 100x more acoustic than magnetic pup's and is a lot cheaper and easier than bringing an extra fragile guitar, an extra mic, an extra tube compressor, and an expensive guitar stand.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
If I'm in the studio and need acoustic sound, I grab an acoustic guitar, a Neuman tube mic, a nice tube compressor, etc., but live, I'll grab a guitar with piezos and no one makes it into a big deal. It sounds 100x more acoustic than magnetic pup's and is a lot cheaper and easier than bringing an extra fragile guitar, an extra mic, an extra tube compressor, and an expensive guitar stand.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me.

Nats

Reaction score
bostjan said:
I disagree. Yes an acoustic guitar sounds way more like an acoustic guitar than an electric with piezos, but for convenience of not dealing with mic-ing, etc., piezos sound the same whether on an acoustic or electric, so I'm all for piezos.

If I'm in the studio and need acoustic sound, I grab an acoustic guitar, a Neuman tube mic, a nice tube compressor, etc., but live, I'll grab a guitar with piezos and no one makes it into a big deal. It sounds 100x more acoustic than magnetic pup's and is a lot cheaper and easier than bringing an extra fragile guitar, an extra mic, an extra tube compressor, and an expensive guitar stand.
yup, i agree. although i've never played a guitar with piezos before

WESBORLAND_ROXORS_OMG!

E@T /\/\y 733t @SS!!
Reaction score
Y0R b/\1ting /\/\3, b1tch3z!!!!!!!!!!!11~~~~~

@ND I DON"T L1KE IT!!!!1111sh1ft!1!!!~~

borland r0xr9s o/\/\g!!! anD teh peizioziozioeo of crappy sou|\|ds l1ek mu5hy-mush when bor7and plazy 1t1!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

can oyu all n0t s3e He ahz mad sk1llz!!!!!!!11~~!!!!~~~~~~

:lol: :lol: :lolololololololololol00l0l0l0l0l00ll0LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!1111!!!~~~~shift1!!!!111~~~:

Vacant

Seven Strings
Reaction score
I really dig Wes Borland.
One of my first influences.
It's also pretty cool that hes playing bass on the new From First To Last album, talk about random.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
WESBORLAND_ROXORS_OMG! said:
Y0R b/\1ting /\/\3, b1tch3z!!!!!!!!!!!11~~~~~

@ND I DON"T L1KE IT!!!!1111sh1ft!1!!!~~

borland r0xr9s o/\/\g!!! anD teh peizioziozioeo of crappy sou|\|ds l1ek mu5hy-mush when bor7and plazy 1t1!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

can oyu all n0t s3e He ahz mad sk1llz!!!!!!!11~~!!!!~~~~~~

:lol: :lol: :lolololololololololol00l0l0l0l0l00ll0LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!1111!!!~~~~shift1!!!!111~~~:

Lol, ok fess up, which forumer was sad enough to create a new profile as a Borland worshipping tr0ll? :nuts:

')