Wes Borland

• Thread starter Mastodon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Am I the only one that calls them pee-a-zoes?

Close. I've called them pee-zoes, but I've got to be wrong. Damn my southern accent!

fathead

Cranius Deformus
Reaction score
Wes is definately one of my influences. It always to sucks to hear him get smeared with the whole Limp Bizkit brush. What he should of done was go back just long enough to catch Fred napping. Boom, headstock to the forehead.

Skeksis

Closed Eye Visuals
Reaction score
Chris said:
pie-zos?

Am I the only one that calls them pee-a-zoes?

No you're not.

His guitar was cool, but he didn't do anything particularly interesting...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Skeksis said:
His guitar was cool, but he didn't do anything particularly interesting...

I actually dig his riffing. Not super-complex, but very musical.

I'm of the pee-ay-zohs camp, myself - picked the pronunciation of from Kevan Geier, who's always struck me as the authority on all things CST...

Anyway, while I agree all things equal an acoustic sounds better than a piezo output, have any of you tried gigging with an acosutic? It ain't pretty.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew, are you keeping your CST? I would, that's a very nice guitar.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shawn said:
Drew, are you keeping your CST? I would, that's a very nice guitar.

It's getting mailed out as soon as the check clears, probably tomorrow. I just never played the thing. :/

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I actually dig his riffing. Not super-complex, but very musical.
Yeah, and that example's from one of my favourite songs. While some people only like the first album, Significant Other was my favourite. It was just much bigger sounding and better produced. That song, "Don't Go Off Wandering" had real strings (arranged by Scott Borland I believe, Wes' brother) and sounded very cool. My other favourites from that album are "Nobody Like You" (feat. Scott Weiland and Jon Davis), "Re-Arranged" (love the two-hand tapping and the big ending), and "No Sex" (despite the somewhat awkward lyrics in places, it's actually a pretty powerful song).

To me, that was Wes' album with LB, while the first album was very much a band album, and Chocolate Starfish was mainly Fred's thing. The new album's interesting once you learn to ignore Fred, but you can hear that there's nothing good going on between the band and Fred.

widdly

Reaction score
On the piezo thing, I'm looking at adding some to my seven. I've done a bit of research and found that you can glue them the the block of the floyd. You can get raw piezo's from most electronics store out of old alarm buzzers. I'm building a buffer circuit similiar to the one at till com/articles/GuitarPreamp/ and installing in the control cavity. I plan on removing my tone control and replacing it with a volume control for the piezos. I post here once I'm done experimenting so you hear if it sounds any good.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, Wes is also a big fan of Danny Elfman and jazz music (and has done some jazz studying in the past).

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I pronounce it "pee"-"eh"-"zo"

the "pee" in "piano". The "eh" in "men." and the "zo" in "zone"

Just so ya know. That is all.

Latest posts

')