Wes Borland's guitar clinics.

• Thread starter 220BX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wes borland
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

220BX

Reaction score
lately, wes has been travelling around asia hosting some guitar clinics. i know most of you,if not everyone(abt 1% maybe or less) hates him. i know he isn't a great, lets make it "good" player,but i am a fan of his!
OK as far as the clinic goes , he's doing all his usual stuff nothing new the same kind of stuff you have seen him doing except for using a violin bow to play guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-h7Zgh1EU
i'm kinda dissapointed that he's brought nothing new. oh and by the way he still uses his "not so good" finger tapping techniques(just my opinion)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cmhSXO-zWpQ
there are other vids at youtube if you are interested.
anyways i'll give it a check, when he comes to delhi,India. cuz i've heard it's free of cost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Wes did a clinic? Why? I don't have any hatred for the guy, but I would really only want to go to a clinic with a guitarist who could actually teach something.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Are we sure he didn't go to a clinic and happen to bring his guitar along? Maybe he was trying to go meet up with Eddie Van Halen. I heard he's doing a clinic right now.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, i think hes a , well, how should i put it, hes creative, like korn, they write great stuff , but they arnt great players that should give clinics, clinics should teach techniques and things like that, i'm dont think you can really teach creativity

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
he's half guitar player, half guitar tech, he plays with his effects as much as he;s playing his guitar in that first clip

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, i think hes a , well, how should i put it, hes creative, like korn, they write great stuff , but they arnt great players that should give clinics, clinics should teach techniques and things like that, i'm dont think you can really teach creativity

Well put! :yesway:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
yea, that song he played was cool, but to be giving a clinic showing that, he should have refined it

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
After watching that I checked out some of the Black Light Burns stuff on their myspace. I was impressed.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just can't picture Wes Borland giving lessons. I watched the vids, he's creative, especially with his tapping, i've always respected him for what he does and what he's doing is pretty cool but I was expecting to see him teach theory which I can't picture him doing :agreed:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I just can't picture Wes Borland giving lessons. I watched the vids, he's creative, especially with his tapping, i've always respected him for what he does and what he's doing is pretty cool but I was expecting to see him teach theory which I can't picture him doing :agreed:

Definitely. I have no problem with him doing what he does in his bands, but I really don't think he should be teaching clinics. Not to bash him, but I consider myself a better guitarist than him and I don't think I should be teaching clinics either.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't see why he shouldn't do clinics like this provided everyone who buys a ticket is aware that they're not likely to learn much about shred technique or advanced theoretical stuff. The real value of things like that, for me anyway, is to be able to see a player up-close, and hear him break down the elements that make up his own style. Obviously you wouldn't go to his clinic if you wanted to improve your improvising chops, but there are lots of other resources for that, and if you're into his style it could be a pretty rewarding experience.

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
I don't see why he shouldn't do clinics like this provided everyone who buys a ticket is aware that they're not likely to learn much about shred technique or advanced theoretical stuff. The real value of things like that, for me anyway, is to be able to see a player up-close, and hear him break down the elements that make up his own style. Obviously you wouldn't go to his clinic if you wanted to improve your improvising chops, but there are lots of other resources for that, and if you're into his style it could be a pretty rewarding experience.

i agree. I've got 56k, so i rarely check out vids. But over new years i was visiting a friend and looked up two or three short Borland videos and it gave me some cool insight into
a) how he plays
b) how he develops songs and ideas

i think the one i actually got a link to offa here... But yeah. Stuff like that is worth way more to me than technical stuff. When it comes to building your chops, there are a billion resources out there so i, personally, would never spend money on a guitar clinic for purely that.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wes makes a living playing music, I'd like to hear what he has to say. I liked the LB records, and I'm yet to hear something from him that I openly said "Wow, this is horrible".

Anyway, if you don't like his playing, then you shouldn't care about this thread so please knock off the pointless bashing. It happens in every one of these threads (like Korn) and is really getting old. If you want to talk about how much Wes sucks, go to Harmony Central and bash your heart out.

220BX

Reaction score
Wes makes a living playing music, I'd like to hear what he has to say. I liked the LB records, and I'm yet to hear something from him that I openly said "Wow, this is horrible".

Anyway, if you don't like his playing, then you shouldn't care about this thread so please knock off the pointless bashing. It happens in every one of these threads (like Korn) and is really getting old. If you want to talk about how much Wes sucks, go to Harmony Central and bash your heart out.

really chris, you mean it!! that's cool if you appreciate his playing rather than thinking he's shit. i personally have grown over LB, but i really appreciate wes for his creativity he brought into the nu-metal scene.
anyways here's the new BLB video for their song lie
YouTube - Black Light Burns - Lie
weird video but good song!

')