Westboro Church to Picket Dio Memorial

• Thread starter 13point9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
From the KKK website:

"NOTE: The Ku Klux Klan, LLC. has not or EVER will have ANY connection with The "Westboro Baptist Church". We absolutely repudiate their activities."

When even the KKK think you're beyond the pale... :rofl:

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Ignore them mate, they are hateful nutters. Then again so are most of the metalheads nowadays.:rolleyes:

I would understand it if the posted a mild objection to his memorial given the fact that he wasnt exactly a devout christian and some of his songs are not exactly pro christian music. However picketing is not exactly wjwd (what jesus would do), if his family wants a memorial then let them have it.

They said in their statement "he is residing in hell" right now, ok fellas if you believe that then why are you so angry and protesting? You've won according to your beliefs, the truth is that these guys and also the islamist nutters and other crazed religion freaks don't really believe in their own religions! They have more doubt about them than you and me thats why they are so furious and angry at everything. If you think god is on your side then sit back and relax.:fawk:

avenger

Reaction score
Ignore them mate, they are hateful nutters. Then again so are most of the metalheads nowadays.:rolleyes:

I would understand it if the posted a mild objection to his memorial given the fact that he wasnt exactly a devout christian and some of his songs are not exactly pro christian music. However picketing is not exactly wjwd (what jesus would do), if his family wants a memorial then let them have it.

They said in their statement "he is residing in hell" right now, ok fellas if you believe that then why are you so angry and protesting? You've won according to your beliefs, the truth is that these guys and also the islamist nutters and other crazed religion freaks don't really believe in their own religions! They have more doubt about them than you and me thats why they are so furious and angry at everything. If you think god is on your side then sit back and relax.:fawk:
Actualy thats wrong. Hell was never created for man and God would see no man cast into the pit of fire. If anything they should be praying forgiveness for his soul...

Ahhh that good old unconditional Christian love...
:nuts:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
aaah, real life trolls. There is a special place in hell for them, where Dio will smite them from above

Fred

Reaction score
Much as I appreciate that these people just deserve to be ignored, I can't help but despise them with every inch of my matter and go into a blind rage whenever they're mentioned. Haven't read the article, I'm in too good a mood to do so, I just can't believe people like this exist.

Auyard

Reaction score
Every time I think I've seen the limit of human ignorance something like this comes around. Even if Dio was a practicing Satanist or something like that, that would be the exact opposite of a Christian, you respect a man's funeral, that's just how it is. It's extremists like this that only focus on certain parts of the Bible rather than accept everything it teaches. They're focusing on the fire and brimstone portions rather than acceptance and support of your fellow man. What about Dio's family that is suffering? What have they done to inspire such hate. And his nieces decisions about what she wants to do with her life are hers and should have nothing to do with whether or not they are protesting his funeral (She is very dirty btw :fawk:). .02

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Much as I appreciate that these people just deserve to be ignored, I can't help but despise them with every inch of my matter and go into a blind rage whenever they're mentioned. Haven't read the article, I'm in too good a mood to do so, I just can't believe people like this exist.

My thoughts exactly

krsp

Reaction score
Every Christian I have spoken to blabs on and on about god this and god that, so I renounce that god and ask for proof by some sign or getting struck by lightening (seems biblical!) and NOTHING happens to me. Their rebuttle is that their god allows you to choose in your own life what to believe and that is why nothing happens. Playing the "told you so" game seems unchristian and very immature.

If they say he is in hell, isn't that the worst thing that can happen to someone not believing in their god according to them? Then what are they protesting? It seems they aren't even following their own religion.

I reject ALL religions and think they are ALL lies. There is no physical proof suporting ANY of the religions, and religion is the source of all wars and hate -not needed in my opinion. Satanism included in that. I do believe in respect though - a lot. And you simply don't protest funerals or memorials. You just don't.

Protests are meant to induce some sort of change or to resist that change - you cannot change a man's death. These types of demonstrations are for arguing a point and showing support for some idea or decision - death is a fact - it happened and it can't possibly be argued for or against.

I suppose that they are excersizing their right for free speech, but c'mon people - this is stupid. I don't think that right was fought for and protected for shit like this...

pink freud

Reaction score
Hopefully some people will show the cunts that you don't fuck with metal.

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
I just hate when people associate this "church" (which is really just a small handful of people who are mostly related and fly around protesting) with Christianity, and use it as excuse to bash religion.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Hopefully some people will show the cunts that you don't fuck with metal.

I don't condone violence, but for the Westboro Baptists I always come close to making an exception. Picketing Dio's memorial? They've crossed the line.

Yes I'm aware they are either completely unaware of the existence of the line or are casually using it as a skipping rope, and that their soldier-funeral assclownery is on an equal level of reprehensibility, but COME ON MAN IT'S DIO.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Being that these people live about an hour from me (about 30 minutes from my work), I can say that everyone in the midwest hates them. There is no one around here that would be caught dead associating with them.

These people aren't even a real church to begin with. And I can safely say that everyone I know around here raised a drink when someone set fire to their "Church" last year. (I think last year)

I would say this pisses me off, but EVERYTHING they do pisses me off. I don't think they've ever picketed a metal legend's funeral before; I'm interested to see how our fellow metal brethren respond to their ignorance. :beatdown:

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
I would say this pisses me off, but EVERYTHING they do pisses me off. I don't think they've ever picketed a metal legend's funeral before; I'm interested to see how our fellow metal brethren respond to their ignorance. :beatdown:
I seriously don't think they know what they will be messing with.:noplease:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Just when I thought radical christians couldn't get anymore radical... Man, intolerable, close minded idiots. Not just about Dio, but about their whole outlook on the USA and homosexuality. It's a little scary how much they can hate.

')