Westboro Church to Picket Dio Memorial

• Thread starter 13point9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
What I am wondering is how no one has killed that mom/leader lady yet? Did anyone else watch those videos under the article?

Just listening to her is makin me rage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I just hate when people associate this "church" (which is really just a small handful of people who are mostly related and fly around protesting) with Christianity, and use it as excuse to bash religion.

Respectfully, I think you know as well as I do that this specific church is far from alone in it's Christian fundamentalism. Additionally, we both know that Christianity has anything but an exclusive lock on fundamentalist douchebaggery. Fundamentalists/extremists exist and operate within MOST organized religions.

I'm an equal opportunity hater; I *firmly* believe that *all* organized religion is not only completely useless, but even worse: It's HARMFUL to humanity.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
ugggggh FUCK these guys... i think it should be a law that any citizen it allowed to execute them on sight. what a bunch of worthless pieces of shit doing things in the name of a religion that is SUPPOSED to be about love. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Bananalyze

Reaction score
Just another bunch of self-righteous wackos trying to show how 'holy' they are... :wallbash:

As a christian I hate what this 'church' is doing. What a poor representation of christians in america.

I love RJD and hope someone keeps these n00bs out of his memorial service.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
having seen old-school metal lovers get drunk and beat the everliving crap out of someone for not having a light for their cigarette, i hope all the old-school metal lovers get drunk on this day, to honour Dio´s memory... and get angered enough to beat the crap out of these people :D

troyguitar

Reaction score
Yeah, metal fans are not as good at following rules and being orderly in the face of adversity as military people. This could end badly.

That being said, I don't think Dio himself would condone violence against those people. He'd probably just find them sad and/or funny.

Mr Violence

Reaction score
....This...is the...fucking line

This post with your Brock avatar is the best.

Yes, morally, what should be done is these guys should be ignored. I almost think they want someone to enact violence against them so they can sue.

I think of myself as a good person, but if these people died, I'd drink a beer in gratitude to whatever God or higher power or chance coincidence made it happen.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I almost think they want someone to enact violence against them so they can sue.

That is exactly what they want. The "church" is mostly just one family, many of whose members are lawyers specializing in Constitutional law. They make their livings and keep their "church" going by suing the shit out of everyone.

Mr Violence

Reaction score
That is exactly what they want. The "church" is mostly just one family, many of whose members are lawyers specializing in Constitutional law. They make their livings and keep their "church" going by suing the shit out of everyone.

I thought I read that many of them were disbarred? I know Fred Phelps was.

Oh well. Fuckers.

splinter8451

Reaction score

They cannot sue if no one is left living correct? :squint:

:lol:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I really, really, don't get this church and what their thinking.

Hey, Guys

Why can't the police or goverment do anything about this protest?

Xiphos68

Reaction score
This is a gross oversimplification, but it basically boils down to the 1st Amendment.

Yeah..still it's disrespecting the family. So what if Dio was or was not a Christian. I mean seriously this church needs to learn to love and respect people.

So the family couldn't protest back or anything?
As in like a right to privacy?

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Yeah..still it's disrespecting the family. So what if Dio was or was not a Christian. I mean seriously this church needs to learn to love and respect people.

So the family couldn't protest back or anything?
As in like a right to privacy?

Only to a point. If I understand correctly, the family can keep anyone they don't want from coming within X amount of feet of the service itself, but that doesn't stop people from protesting right across the street, or whatever. (Kind of like Foghorn Leghorn standing just outside the line that the dog's leash will reach to.)

We went through all this with soldiers' funerals a couple of years ago, as I'm sure you'll recall.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as

Kemra

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be surprised by this, I saw a documentary on them years ago by a great reporter called Louis Theroux (Check out his documentaries if you haven't already), so I knew what they were like.

Just when it's a subject so close to your heart, that's when it really hits you how sick it all is.

It's a shame really as you can see in the documentary the kids are really normal until the brainwashing begins...

Last edited:
')