Westboro Church to Picket Dio Memorial

• Thread starter 13point9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
^ Now that I think about it, the WBC win either way.
So much for a 'memorial service'.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antimatter

Reaction score
Guys don't complain so much. Sure it's a horrible thing to do, but these people don't know you. They don't give a fuck what you think, they just want their money. Complaining about it won't do any good, the reason why they keep doing it is they get loads of attention for it. If everyone just ignored their bullshit then they wouldn't do it.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Yeah..still it's disrespecting the family. So what if Dio was or was not a Christian. I mean seriously this church needs to learn to love and respect people.

So the family couldn't protest back or anything?
As in like a right to privacy?

Sadly mate, not all Christians have your balanced and peaceful outlook.....and don't they have the right of Freedom of Assembly?

After seeing some of the hateful garbage propogated by other groups under that right I am a little concerned.....

splinter8451

Reaction score
If everyone just ignored their bullshit then they wouldn't do it.

I disagree. They would keep doing it because it is what they believe in :shrug:

The just ignore it and will go away principal does not work on a lot of people. Some people see that as a reason to be even more radical, in an effort to gain attention. And I am sure the WBC is just that.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Well it's not like you'll solve anything by protesting them. They'll just call you a devil worshipper or something.

I could think of much worse things to be called. :flame:

If they ever came around here for some dumbass reason I would make it a point to not protest them. I would just make an ass of myself around them while not doing anything directly to or against them :lol:

Park in front of them and blast some Behemoth while staring straight out my windshield never making any contact with them. Stand around with them, hold up signs that make fun of their signs, run around in a gorilla suit, just exercising my freedom of speech just like them :fawk: No way I would make a serious protest against them. Just a mockery of them.

And for the record I am not saying protesting them is a good thing or would get anywhere. It would be dumb to take a serious stance against them. They just need made fun of.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Protesting their protest wouldn't accomplish much as you can see by the videos they like the attention.

I'm honestly curious how much time someone would actually do for murdering the entire family... I mean, by all rights that person would be considered a hero by an entire nation if not most of the rest of the globe.

I don't doubt the pope would even have said persons back, *you did gods work there murdering them biggots son.*

Skyblue

Reaction score
Ugh. I seriously can't believe these fuckers.
Though I truly want them to be completely ignored, I think it's highly likely of some violence starting there, doesn't matter who's starting it... it won't end pretty.

By the way... if Dio worshiped Satan, according to them... doesn't it mean he's going to have a good time in hell? seriously. these people are irrational (And I'm not starting a "religion is fake" argument, relax)

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Yeah..still it's disrespecting the family. So what if Dio was or was not a Christian. I mean seriously this church needs to learn to love and respect people.

So the family couldn't protest back or anything?
As in like a right to privacy?

Watch the videos attached to the link, you can see these people are brainwashed beyond logic. They have been groomed / raised into this train of thought so nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever get them out of it. They really just need to be removed but unfortunately our laws won't allow for that.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
And this is why the date and time for the funeral, along with the location, should be secret.

Kwonnie

Reaction score
Protesting their protest wouldn't accomplish much as you can see by the videos they like the attention.

I'm honestly curious how much time someone would actually do for murdering the entire family... I mean, by all rights that person would be considered a hero by an entire nation if not most of the rest of the globe.

I don't doubt the pope would even have said persons back, *you did gods work there murdering them biggots son.*

Whether or not they get their attention is irrelevant. Dio's funeral should remain a sacred event.

Much agreed though. I approve, no doubt.

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
The part about him doing sorceries is probably one of the stupidest statements i have ever heard. Where do they come up with this shit. Somebody has brainwashed these people haaaaaaahd.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
This reminds me of how hardcore assholes treated Black Sabbath; regardless of the fact that any songs mentioning Satan were a lament or a cry in horror at seeing evil, lessons about striving for the good in everything, etc. people claimed that they supported and encouraged Satanic or otherwise 'evil' things to pigeonhole them and have something to bitch about. Dio's songs are consistently about pushing away from darkness and believing in yourself, magic all around you, magnets up in this bitch etc.

It just...makes...no fucking sense. I mean obviously they haven't listened to his songs to know that so my argument sort of becomes moot, but still, Jesus. :lol:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I could think of much worse things to be called. :flame:

If they ever came around here for some dumbass reason I would make it a point to not protest them. I would just make an ass of myself around them while not doing anything directly to or against them :lol:

Park in front of them and blast some Behemoth while staring straight out my windshield never making any contact with them. Stand around with them, hold up signs that make fun of their signs, run around in a gorilla suit, just exercising my freedom of speech just like them :fawk: No way I would make a serious protest against them. Just a mockery of them.

And for the record I am not saying protesting them is a good thing or would get anywhere. It would be dumb to take a serious stance against them. They just need made fun of.

:worth:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Only to a point. If I understand correctly, the family can keep anyone they don't want from coming within X amount of feet of the service itself, but that doesn't stop people from protesting right across the street, or whatever. (Kind of like Foghorn Leghorn standing just outside the line that the dog's leash will reach to.)

We went through all this with soldiers' funerals a couple of years ago, as I'm sure you'll recall.
Ok. I see what your mean.

The Somberlain

Hollow Man
Reaction score
Oh, these people are those nutjobs from Topeka always crashing soldiers funerals (my mother grew up in Topeka). This group has no basis on Christian values (most fundamentalists seem to latch on to semantics of the name of god, not morality) and cause me to be estranged from religion. Picketing Dio, a great and good man who never did anything really satanic is just asinine. Big no no, cunts.:nono:

')