What 7 string to purchase?

• Thread starter WarOfAttrition
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarOfAttrition

Reaction score
I am looking for a 7 string under $2000 AUD that is 27" scale and doesn't have EMG routes. Only one that comes to mind with a 27" scale is an LTD SC 607 but that has EMG routes. Does anybody else know any? I would go for Carvin but they wont come to Australia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Carvin don't do 27" 7 strings unfortunately, their only extended scale model is the DC800.
I would look into Agile as a good budget option.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I don't know what $2000 AUD is in USD, however, the Ibanez RGD7421 is 26 1/2 inch (not quite 27, I know), it does have passive routes though.

The LTD SC-607 has EMG's (at least in the US).

Reaction score
Carvin is a no-go on extended scale, but you can get a local luthier to build you a 27' on your budget or close.
Agile is your best option on production models, a pro or elite.
I had one and in that price bracket there's no beating it.
I know a guy who's selling one if you wanna go there.

broj15

Reaction score
IDK about the availability of schecters in your country or how much they cost there but the c7 custom might be a good opion.
C-7 Custom - Schecter Guitar Research
The scale length is only 26.5" instead of 27" but if your can compromise with not having that extra half inch that could work.
Agile will have some stuff closer to your desired specs but i have rea a few horror stories about agiles quality control (bad fret jobs, problems with fit and finish, missing ferrules on string through guitars etc) and thier return policy outside of the US is iffy or non existent. However alot of people have recieved quality insrtuments and have had no issues at all so take that into consideration.
Here are a few agiles to check out:
Agile Interceptor 727 MN PASS Black Flame at RondoMusic.com
Agile Interceptor 727 RN CP Black Flame at RondoMusic.com
Agile Interceptor Pro-CP 727 EB Tribal Red at RondoMusic.com
and they can also whip up a semi-custom for relatively cheap, as well. Of curse they don't have nearly as many options as carvin, but thats one way they can keep the price down
Rondo Music Special Order / Custom Order Guitars | Page 1 of 1

Hope this info helps you out

Najka

Reaction score
Check out the lower end rusty. Cooley signature guitars. Dean Rc7. They all have 707 active pickups.

Joeseffel

7String Newbie
Reaction score
I would take a look at the new ESP signatures for whitechapel if I were you. Neither have active pickups WHICH IS WHAT YOU WANTED, read more carefully people, and they're nice looking too. Not just plain black like most of ESP's 7s.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Check out the lower end rusty. Cooley signature guitars. Dean Rc7. They all have 707 active pickups.

You got the exact opposite of what he wants.

He wants an extended scale and no EMG's.

You suggested normal scale with EMG's :lol:

I recommend Agile is you want something new.

If you're interested in a bit of used searching, I'd look for an Ibanez RG2077XL. 27", passive pickups, and an AMAZING trem (the Edge Pro 7).

patrickWLV

Reaction score
You'll probably be able to find a much better guitar at 26.5". I agree about the Schecters, great 7 string guitars

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

:lol: Do people even read past the thread title anymore?

I'd say check out the ET Guitars link posted above, they look awesome!

')