What About A SEVENSTRING.ORG Collaboration!

• Thread starter Duosphere
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Idea: Someone posts the first riff, and then we decide who'll post the next riff, he/she posts the next riff and so on. That way the riffs will work together and everyone will know what has come before so they can make variations etc. using the same "theme" if they like etc. Could potentially be really awesome. Someone could come up with a nice melodic jazz part and then someone could do a black metal variation of it a couple of riffs later :)

Now this is more like it. I'm in. :yesway: Especially as I have nothing better to do with my days as unemployed, lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
^ this sounds stellar, hope you guys are up for some rooty tooty bassy groovy :D

Now we decide who goes first.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I've got a tone of songs I'd be willing to let others rearrange (to some extent) and do all the things I'm bad at... Weedly weedlies, singing and drum arrangement. :lol:

Seems like our previous idea of splitting into groups to make short grindcore length songs might work out better.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
im in. hope you can find a use for for 30 secs of harsh noise

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
I'm by no means a good guitarist or writer but it sounds like it could be a fun and a good opportunity to try and write some better riffs!

Lifestalker

Reaction score
If this is going to happen, shouldn't we have some kind of list of the members that will be involved? So we know what we're getting ourselves into...lol

Duosphere

(oYo) Lover
Reaction score
So all you guys who want to participate, just send me your videos(send me a pm), if we reach at least 15 videos I'll work on our video, I'll keep you posted about how many entries I received.You can make whole body standing up green screen videos then I'd be able to put you guys wherever I want.
I could make a pool about what kind of video(sci fi, horror, fantasy, mistery etc).

Tzar27

Reaction score
Well shucks, I'd really love to participate in this but I'm 7-less until my Carvin gets here, which could be anytime from a week from today to almost New Years with their 2 week give-or-take policy :ugh:

Still interested to see how this turns out though :agreed:

Duosphere

(oYo) Lover
Reaction score
Well shucks, I'd really love to participate in this but I'm 7-less until my Carvin gets here, which could be anytime from a week from today to almost New Years with their 2 week give-or-take policy :ugh:

Still interested to see how this turns out though :agreed:

I never said it has to be a 7 strings, I said you can record whatever you want, even an 1 string guitar :lol:

Tzar27

Reaction score
I never said it has to be a 7 strings, I said you can record whatever you want, even an 1 string guitar :lol:

Fair enough, but I'd feel wrong submitting work for an SSO song if I played it on a 6er :lol:

That said, I might still throw something at you if I find some time in the next few days!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Well some of these dudes are gonna use 8s and 9s which also =\= 7. Don't sweat it. Music is music.

With a 6 you have a negative string. That's the one you play rests on. :agreed:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'd feel wrong submitting work for an SSO song if I played it on a 6er :lol:

Just drop tune until you can barely discern the pitch you're playing anymore, and use ALL THE GAIN. Nobody will know. :lol:

Edit: obvious sarcasm, just in case anyone doesn't pick up on that.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Konfyouzd is offended.

*slowly begins to remove glove for the slappenning*

')