What am I looking at?

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Alright Fuji-Sleuths. I seek your guidance.

I was recently perusing eBay in hopes of finding interesting and obscure Ibanez’ (as one does) for sale.
IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

This RG stuck with me - and in the following weeks I’ve been doing a little light research to try and find out what the hell it is - but to no avail.
IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

First, some basic specs.

Fuji-built (‘94 by serial)
Ash body, HSH w/ gold LoPro
Matching Trans-Blue finish on body and neck
1 pc neck, scarf joint, AANJ
Reversed Headstock
Lacewood (?) fretboard
IMG_4098.jpeg

The listing has since completed; but my curiosity keeps wanting to identify this thing.
The painted neck and exotic board seem unusual for the period, could this be an artist/employee custom?
Or is it a spot model that I’m just unfamiliar with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
The serial number indicates a 1994 model, but those QM series pickups were first used in 1995 here in the US, if my memory serves, and I don’t recall any North American models with painted neck or 24-fret RG models with the “Custom Made” inlay.

I’d look at Asian (or maybe European) models from 1994. Maybe you can find old catalogs scanned or wiki sites that list the models.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I have a couple lacewood top guitars, that fretboard is definitely it. Likely a semi/custom/ized neck judging from the color match and unique inlay.

')