what amps are you guys using right now?

• Thread starter ochase088
  • Start date
  • Tags
    amp
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ochase088

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new amp and wanted to hear some recommendations and hear what you guys are using for death metal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
KSR Ceres preamp, Randall T2, GK 250ML, POD GO.

T2 will do death metal no problem. Ceres as well.

Reaction score
If you're looking for a new amp, you should be more concerned with what features you need and the price point than what other people have. The good news is it's a buyer's market and there's never been a better time for high gain enthusiasts. There's a never ending supply of amps that can get you what you want.

sleewell

Reaction score
i use my helix into my fuchs viper. i love it but know i could be happy with lots of different amps.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I use a Mesa Roadster with a Tubescreamer in front for death metal. My Peavey 5150 combo works great for death metal. Over the last year, I've had quite a few amps that worked well - the Randall V2, the PRS Archon, Krank Krankenstein + and Rev +, you could always grab a modeler and power amp.

ochase088

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you're looking for a new amp, you should be more concerned with what features you need and the price point than what other people have. The good news is it's a buyer's market and there's never been a better time for high gain enthusiasts. There's a never ending supply of amps that can get you what you want.
oh yeah I for sure agree with what your saying. I just like to ask around about stuff in case I get put onto a different amp i may not have thought about or even heard of to look at and see if it would fulfill my needs and all.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
MI Audio Beta
Revv 100p

Both of them cover a ton of tonal ground and offer a different flavor from the bog standard 5150 or recto.

Atefred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Art DST 80/80. My parents were moving and had that in their basement for well over a decade after I moved out. I decided to give it a shot (was an amp I had as a teenager), and low and behold, it sounds completely sick with a precision drive in front of it. So much so I stopped using the various neural DSP plugins I was using pretty much completely.

død

Reaction score
Diezel Einstein 100. Sold my Kemper rig early this year and got the Einstein for a stupid good price, so far I’m really liking it! It gets brutal fast, and takes pedals like a champ. There’s a ton of gain on tap, bonus points for having both serial and parallell fx loops!

viifox

Reaction score
Quite possibly a Badlander tomorrow.

But I've been using a 6505 for nearly everything.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Diezel Einstein 100. Sold my Kemper rig early this year and got the Einstein for a stupid good price, so far I’m really liking it! It gets brutal fast, and takes pedals like a champ. There’s a ton of gain on tap, bonus points for having both serial and parallell fx loops!
I really want to try an Einstein again. I owned one briefly but didn't have enough time to really play with it before I could properly put it through its paces. The prices for them are insane right now. Back in the day they were like $2100+, I've seen them go for as low as $1k less now. At that price, any issue I had with it before could easily be overlooked :lol:

Necky379

Reaction score
I’ve got a bunch of amps and don’t really play one genre exclusively on them. That being said, lately I’ve been pretty pleased with the Crate XLP I picked up for death metal tones. That and my Bandit I converted into a head is set for “At the Gates” and the settings are never going to change. Those two are what I have set up for strictly death metal tones right now. I’ve got a couple 5150 variants too though and, as mentioned in previous posts, ...well you know.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just using the ol' Rectumfryer these days.

Reactions: LCW

død

Reaction score
I really want to try an Einstein again. I owned one briefly but didn't have enough time to really play with it before I could properly put it through its paces. The prices for them are insane right now. Back in the day they were like $2100+, I've seen them go for as low as $1k less now. At that price, any issue I had with it before could easily be overlooked :lol:
Dude, I paid $700 for mine :lol: It’s a cool little amp! Diezel stuff isn’t as expensive here in Europe compared to the US, I see Herberts going for ~$1k all the time here.

')